Solder free Mini Plug
Mar 20, 2005 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iano

500+ Head-Fier
I'm just starting in the DIY interconnect world, and am currently aiming to do so without solder (never soldered in my life, and I'd probably make a mess). I have the Cardas solder free (crimped) RCA plugs, and good Belden cable coming. However, I was also hoping to make RCA to mini cables, as well as mini to mini cables. Does anyone know of reasonable quality mini plugs that do not need solder to make the cable connections? Even if they are the equivalent of the top quality WBT RCA plugs, I would consider them...thanks.

Ian [iano]

Mar 21, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the heads up, I had not thought of RS...I saw some similar ones in the US site, and will pick up some during the week.

Ian

Mar 21, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 7
Id recommend learning to solder, itll take 40 minutes, probably 2 fried plugs and about $15 for tools and after its smooth sailing
smily_headphones1.gif

Im sure there are many here thatll give you advice and tips, I would.

Mar 21, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, I can see that will be the inevitable next step, so I'm sure I will go in that direction eventually (maybe sooner rather than later). Thanks for the offer of help.

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 7
The screw-terminal miniplugs sold by radioshack are pretty crappy. The issue is that the tabs are very flexible and tend to short out against eachother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back