Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Jun 20, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,441 of 1,507
After re-reading this post,I went back to the Track & Trace site and did the same search on the "Receiving" page (i.e. to NL) as opposed to the default "Sending" page (from NL) and Voila! The system pulled up the exact location and pick-up point for my parcel:

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 3.58.10 AM.png

I have e-mailed the information to Sonnet Audio, but I need to follow it up with a phone call in order to make sure they pick up the shipment today, as the package might be returned by June 21st if it is not picked up by then. Does anyone know Sonnet Audio's telephone number? Is it the 8-digit number that appears at the bottom of this page?

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 4.51.05 AM.png

***PS : Regarding the telephone number, I have found and called this one several times, but no-one seems to be picking up so far:
m
+31(0)36-7856259
Happy to report that Sonnet Audio now has my Pasithea in hand. They picked it up yesterday, after receiving the information above from PostNL Track & Trace, which also had the details :

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 4.23.11 AM.png

I still do not understand why PostNL did not send this info directly to the addressee indicated on the package as a notification. Why did it have to take all this behind-the- scenes tracking/tracing and liaising on my part with Sonnet Audio in order to get the shipment picked up on time? I can't satisfactorily answer this question, but I hope the record of this little shipping saga is useful to anyone who has to ship a component back to Sonnet Audio/Metrum Acoustics in the future.

Many thanks to @EagleWings for suggesting the PostNL Track & Trace idea.

It is indeed a big relief to have my shipment in safe hands and confirmed to be at its intended destination :

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 6.22.27 AM.png

Jun 20, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,442 of 1,507
Happy to report that Sonnet Audio now has my Pasithea in hand. They picked it up yesterday, after receiving the information above from PostNL Track & Trace, which also had the details :

I still do not understand why PostNL did not send this info directly to the addressee indicated on the package as a notification. Why did it have to take all this behind-the- scenes tracking/tracing and liaising on my part with Sonnet Audio in order to get the shipment picked up on time? I can't satisfactorily answer this question, but I hope the record of this little shipping saga is useful to anyone who has to ship a component back to Sonnet Audio/Metrum Acoustics in the future.

It is indeed a big relief to have my shipment in safe hands and confirmed to be at its intended destination :

Glad that it has reached sonnet safely and hopefully you will have many blissful evenings with the DAC once you have it back.

For postal service, once item reaches another country then it is handed over to local postal service and we have to use the local postal tracking for accurate information

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,445 of 1,507

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 4.23.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 6.22.27 AM.png
Documenting the progress of this saga, here's a related report I have recently received from Sonnet Audio :

"Your Pasithea was repaired under warranty. The problem was in one of the DAC modules. Although this is very inconvenient, sometimes this happens."

The very latest news is that the Pasithea should be on its way back to me States side at some point this weekend. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #1,446 of 1,507
has anyone played file > 192Khz with Sonnet DAC.
I am looking to get SU-6 and pass 384Khz music via I2S but not sure if there will be any benefit of the same or if Pasithea will be able to handle it.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,447 of 1,507
I am looking to get SU-6 and pass 384Khz music via I2S but not sure if there will be any benefit of the same or if Pasithea will be able to handle it.
Interesting. I also want to ask about the possible benefits (if any) of using HQ player with a Sonnet DAC (Morpheus or Pasithea), so my question might be related to yours.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,448 of 1,507
Interesting. I also want to ask about the possible benefits (if any) of using HQ player with a Sonnet DAC (Morpheus or Pasithea), so my question might be related to yours.
well I did try at 192Khz but to me I got more discernable change by using Audirvana instead of Roon then using HQPlayer with Sonnet DAC at 4x up sampling.
Even without HQPlayer, with my chain I get wide and deep soundstage with precise imaging that's why I am not sure if 8X will do anything for me. I am also not sure if Sonnet DAC can handle 8X with I2S.

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #1,449 of 1,507
well I did try at 192Khz but to me I got more discernable change by using Audirvana instead of Roon then using HQPlayer with Sonnet DAC at 4x up sampling.
Even without HQPlayer, with my chain I get wide and deep soundstage with precise imaging that's why I am not sure if 8X will do anything for me. I am also not sure if Sonnet DAC can handle 8X with I2S.
Use USB input on your pasithea. It supports 8x rates. Internally converted to i2s.

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #1,450 of 1,507
I thought it could handle 384 KHz on I2S and USB.

Jul 15, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #1,451 of 1,507
Just joined the club.

DSC_0779_filtered_2.jpg

I have a question about the volume control - fixed or variable? Do I by-pass the Morpheus' volume control when it's switched to Fixed?
I use a headphone amplifier with Morpheus..
Thanks.

Jul 15, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #1,452 of 1,507
Just joined the club.

DSC_0779_filtered_2.jpg

I have a question about the volume control - fixed or variable? Do I by-pass the Morpheus' volume control when it's switched to Fixed?
I use a headphone amplifier with Morpheus..
Thanks.
Yes.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,453 of 1,507
Got one SU-6 to try out 8x upsampling via HQplayer and 384kHz works perfectly via I2S. I have no issue with Ambre and pairs well with Sonnet DAC but is limited to 192Khz.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,454 of 1,507
Got one SU-6 to try out 8x upsampling via HQplayer and 384Khz works perfectly via I2S. I have no issue with Ambre and pairs well with Sonnet DAC but is limited to 192Khz.
Thoughts on the SU6? Looks excellent from what I've seen.

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,455 of 1,507
Thoughts on the SU6? Looks excellent from what I've seen.
Only my first hr with SU-6 so no comment as of now on SQ but can definitely play file up to 384kHz out of Metrum and Sonnet DAC via I2S and that in itself presents unique proposition for respective DAC owners. However DDC means more work as you need good transport for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back