sony a845 or cowon s9 for ultrasone dj1 pro?
May 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

indy1314

Head-Fier
i would like to get a mp3 player for my dj1 pro.
is the a845 or cowon s9 better for hip-hop / rap, more bassy mp3 player.
Or any other mp3 player are better?
It is iphone or any apple product wouldn't drive the dj1 pro?

May 18, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 11
The Sony will be bassier, I think.  If not, they both have EQ, but the S9 has a beefier amp.

May 18, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 11
Sansa Fuze(1st gen) has deep punchy bass output through HP jack and overall it's sound very clean, detailed. Cowon S9, J3 are great sounding DAPs and S:Flo 2 is very detailed yet powerful DAP with punchy bass out.

May 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #6 of 11
It's all depend on your choice because these DAPs has various qualites over other like Fuze has better bass output ( no EQ ) with enough volume to drive high impedance headphones. The S:Flo 2 has better volume output because it has dedicated AMPs and DAC inside it with line out function to use external AMPs. The Cowon S9, J3 are very good sounding DAPs with BBE EQ to sound it's best without too much coloring like more bass, wider soundstage and more detailed sound. The A845 is almost same as X1060 and both sound very good(balanced, clean, more detailed than average) with lineout to use AMPs and has various EQ to use for more bass.

May 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #7 of 11

how about iphone or any ipod, could they drive dj1 pro?
i want more bass, but have decent sound quality.
And what is EQ specifically mean? better sounding?
If i want to use amp, which one should i use.
Quote:
It's all depend on your choice because these DAPs has various qualites over other like Fuze has better bass output ( no EQ ) with enough volume to drive high impedance headphones. The S:Flo 2 has better volume output because it has dedicated AMPs and DAC inside it with line out function to use external AMPs. The Cowon S9, J3 are very good sounding DAPs with BBE EQ to sound it's best without too much coloring like more bass, wider soundstage and more detailed sound. The A845 is almost same as X1060 and both sound very good(balanced, clean, more detailed than average) with lineout to use AMPs and has various EQ to use for more bass.

May 19, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 11
i listen to wav format.
should i go for a845 or cowon s9 or fuze.
i might use amp in the further.

Quote:

May 20, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back