SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 2, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #11,446 of 15,743
Anybody pairing Fir Audio Radon 6 with ZM2? I tried XE6, the synergy is not to my liking. It is dark with dominating mid-bass

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #11,447 of 15,743
Phenomenal pairing with Campfire Trifecta. Those luscious mids and vertical stage 🥰

IMG_1206.jpeg
What cable are you using with Trifecta?

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #11,449 of 15,743
No, unfortunately there’s no digital out function. I’ve just tried connecting my L&P W2 and the 1ZM2 will power the dongle, but it won’t output any sound/music. There’s no option to turn on digital out via usb either.

Edit - got it to work. It does indeed work as a digital output.

56C1D64D-E5BC-4B73-B202-C0DBE9115BC1.jpeg
Hello. How dit you get the digital output , what device ?
Is it rca digital out or spdif output ?
Can you go to your own outboard dac with it ?
THANKS,

Jun 3, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #11,450 of 15,743
Hello. How dit you get the digital output , what device ?
Is it rca digital out or spdif output ?
Can you go to your own outboard dac with it ?
THANKS,
Im curious with this also i want to connect it to my car dac which has SPDIF input.

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #11,451 of 15,743
I'm baffled Sony made a $5000(CDN) music player without a line out.

I'm astounded with what Sony accomplished, and admire them for making the player they wanted to make, without compromise.

Who does that?

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #11,452 of 15,743
1685801395051.png
1685801243199.png

Finally part of the WM1AM2 gang. Switching from the SP2000 to this. And I must say, it already feels quite a good experience. This is quite larger than I expected, it's lighter but slighty taller than the SP2000, and that thing is no slouch in size either.

1685801554038.png

I bought this from Fujiya Avic, so it's the Japanese uncapped version with the high-gain setting. Originally I was planning on the M15s or DX320, but considering how fast chifi DAPs depreciated, I opted out. I might also upgrade to the ZM2 and this will be an easy resell with not much loss in value.

My only real complaint is the way it handles making playlists. I either have to add from an entire album or one by one per track. There's no way I can add an entire folder to a playlist instead since it's how I organize my music, which is not specific to artists only, but also to the genre, if it's from an OST from a game, by the game name, and etc.

I can't even do it in the Music Center so I can export the playlist from and to the player. If you can, can someone tell me how? I have so many songs, it's dumb as hell I need to do this per album the fastest.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #11,453 of 15,743
1685801395051.png 1685801243199.png

Finally part of the WM1AM2 gang. Switching from the SP2000 to this. And I must say, it already feels quite a good experience. This is quite larger than I expected, it's lighter but slighty taller than the SP2000, and that thing is no slouch in size either.

1685801554038.png

I bought this from Fujiya Avic, so it's the Japanese uncapped version with the high-gain setting. Originally I was planning on the M15s or DX320, but considering how fast chifi DAPs depreciated, I opted out. I might also upgrade to the ZM2 and this will be an easy resell with not much loss in value.

My only real complaint is the way it handles making playlists. I either have to add from an entire album or one by one per track. There's no way I can add an entire folder to a playlist instead since it's how I organize my music, which is not specific to artists only, but also to the genre, if it's from an OST from a game, by the game name, and etc.

I can't even do it in the Music Center so I can export the playlist from and to the player. If you can, can someone tell me how? I have so many songs, it's dumb as hell I need to do this per album the fastest.
Hi.
It's a wonderful DAP, I like it a lot.

For the playlists I export from Roon (only local files are extracted) to a shared folder on my Roon Core and then I have an android app called smbsync which keeps the DAP up to date.

I think as long as you create your playlists in "m3u" format on your Pc/Mac before copying them to the SD Card they should be picked up by the DAPs internal player.

Cheers

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #11,454 of 15,743
Im using tidal and its annoying the hell out of me.

I use it offline for 95% of the time. I download the albums on the sd card and listen whenever I want.
The thing is: Sometimes I reach to an album and it shows the screen "no connection. tap to refresh" or if I use offline mode the albums wont load up, followed by a pop-up that says the offline page could not be found.

So I have to turn wifi on, connect, reach for the album I want, start listening and then turn wifi off to save battery.

Is my sd card broken? Anyone experiencing that?

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #11,455 of 15,743

I use it offline for 95% of the time. I download the albums on the sd card and listen whenever I want.
The thing is: Sometimes I reach to an album and it shows the screen "no connection. tap to refresh" or if I use offline mode the albums wont load up, followed by a pop-up that says the offline page could not be found.

So I have to turn wifi on, connect, reach for the album I want, start listening and then turn wifi off to save battery.

Sounds like Tidal requires you to maintain a frequent internet connection to validate your subscription. YouTube Music requires monthly "handshakes" with the internet. Tidal may require more frequent "handshakes" to validate your subscription.

I could be wrong, but I doubt its your SD card.

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #11,456 of 15,743
Hi guys, long time lurker here.

I've used the WM1ZM2 for quite a while now and notice that there's a delay in sound transmission when used as a USB DAP through my MSI GS77 Stealth.

I've also debloated the software as per Sonywalkmanuser's guide.

Does anyone have any solution to this? I've read most of this thread, but it seems that not much can be done.

Thanks a lot!

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #11,457 of 15,743

I downloaded a few new albums from Tidal about 5 days ago. Just booted up no wifi on hit tidal on player it went right to downloaded albums hit greendale loaded up and started playing within a few seconds.
How do you know that you are down loading to chip? mine seems to put Tidal on built in storage.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #11,458 of 15,743
I downloaded a few new albums from Tidal about 5 days ago. Just booted up no wifi on hit tidal on player it went right to downloaded albums hit greendale loaded up and started playing within a few seconds.
How do you know that you are down loading to chip? mine seems to put Tidal on built in storage.
In the configuration one can choose where to keep downloaded files, I have some on internal storage and some on sd card.

I really dont know whats happening, I had experienced the same problems loading albums before, but now its impossible.
It doesnt load any album unless wifi is on.
Qobuz and spotify runs fine on offline but tidal is giving me this problems, I am thinking about leaving it behind.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #11,459 of 15,743

Have you gone to setting and put tidal into offline mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back