SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #17,581 of 45,723
They are sold as spare parts, so you have to go to the Sony repair centre in Akihabara, and it should take about 2-3 day to arrive for you to collect.

It only popped up when I got pissed after loading the 4.4 cap, I think it was at e earphones, and I remembered that in the HK I always order spare parts this way if it's not a off the shelves product.
Thx mate. I gather this is the repair centre like 5 mins walk from e-earphone. I'll swing by there after work one of these days.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #17,582 of 45,723
chec into settings/info how many hours of use it shows

if it's new it should be like less than 1-2

if you see like 50 hours , it may be refurbished/returned

Thanks. It had zero hours but I believe the counter resets with a firmware update?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #17,583 of 45,723

You’ll love the Z5s with it. Mine came with zero charge. It charges from zero to full in about 3.5 hours I estimate as I have only charged it that first time from zero. The date of manufacture will be will be listed as month and year on the sticker on the side lower corner, also listing where it was made.

Photo of sticker provided by https://www.head-fi.org/members/whitigir.378966/

That seems about right then. Good to hear that mine wasn't the only one without charge.

Will check the code as you suggested. Cheers!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #17,584 of 45,723
Thanks. It had zero hours but I believe the counter resets with a firmware update?

nope , FW update does not reset the counter

if it shows zero , it is new

enjoy.

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #17,585 of 45,723
Just received my 1Z from Amazon. Impressive device!

Bit strange had to plug the cable first as the battery was flat when I tried to boot it. Thought they all came with a good precharge..

I would say the player is new though, manufacturer sealed packaging and wrapped in protective plastic. Firmware 1.20 was already on it so can't be much older then April this year I guess?

Anybody else had to charge before first use and what charging time with a standard USB charger can I expect to full?

Eager to start using this Damn.. my Z5 will take another week to arrive..
http://www.batteryspace.com/Lithium-Battery-Shipping-Regulations.aspx

Due to the safely regulation on shipping Li -ion batteries I believe, Sony have to discharge it to around 30% before shipping

Then the battery depleted in Amazon warehouse

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #17,586 of 45,723
Hi,

I bought mine from Amazon also.
1 bar of battery when powered ON.
0 hrs when checked inside Info.
Made in Sep, 2017. Malaysia.
Still has the clear seal then placed into the Sony case to last longer.

I told my work colleagues I carried gold bar in my Jean . I get used to the weight in my Jean now.

About 45 hrs now and sounds amazing so far.
My DX200 might collecting dust now, but I had and waiting for balanced IC cable from DHC to use with CDM then this pair might be close to or same with WM1Z.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #17,587 of 45,723
Thx mate. I gather this is the repair centre like 5 mins walk from e-earphone. I'll swing by there after work one of these days.
Yep about 5 minutes on the same side of the road, i just realised I had a typo in my post.

You can speak to them directly or copy these parts number.

SE plugs 4-591-290-01
4.4mm plugs 4-591-289-01
WM Port plugs 4-574-056-01

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #17,588 of 45,723
DSC03102.JPG Merry Xmas to all of you

I've hit the msrk of 3000 hours

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #17,589 of 45,723
For me hugo 2 plays louder, much louder and you should A B them with marched volume. Sony is better only losing to hugo 2 when connected to speakers. Of course Chord fan boys will start to cry... but it’s MHO, and several people feels the same.
When I switch from my Hugo to WM1A the transition is rather easy however when I switch to Hugo after listening to WM1A I struggle to enjoy the sound.

Sony has got the sound so right.

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #17,590 of 45,723
When I switch from my Hugo to WM1A the transition is rather easy however when I switch to Hugo after listening to WM1A I struggle to enjoy the sound.

Sony has got the sound so right.

I once thought nothing could top my Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, but Sony did get the sound just drop dead gorgeously correct. I have the NW-WM1A. It is fairly powerful, but I wish it had just a little bit more like the Paw...I want the 1Z too.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #17,592 of 45,723
The Sony NEVER GETS FATIGUING! Ever!

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #17,593 of 45,723
I once thought nothing could top my Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, but Sony did get the sound just drop dead gorgeously correct. I have the NW-WM1A. It is fairly powerful, but I wish it had just a little bit more like the Paw...I want the 1Z too.

I dont own the Diana however I own the original LPG and ever since I got the WM1A i have recommend few of my friends and few members who PM me regarding the two to get the WM1A. Sony has gotten the tonality right and LPG is just too sterile after one experience the Sony sound.

Perhaps LPG is a natural upgrade for those who liked the Sony NW-ZX1/ZX2 however the ZX1/2 have nothing in common with the WM1 family.
You are talking about Hugo2?
Hugo 1 is so ****ing bad. I really don’t know how people live 30 min listening to that
Yes I am talking about the first generation HUGO. I have tested the HUGO and HUGO 2 on few occasion for a long hours and I could not convince myself to trade my HUGO to HUGO 2. However I'm now been told that HUGO 2 requires a number of good hours to burn in and that HUGO 2 that I tried was basically a brand new units.
I would have revisited HUGO 2 however the gap between hugo and current portable devices becoming less and less, at least when we are looking into portable IEM and not desktop setups.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #17,594 of 45,723
I dont own the Diana however I own the original LPG and ever since I got the WM1A i have recommend few of my friends and few members who PM me regarding the two to get the WM1A. Sony has gotten the tonality right and LPG is just too sterile after one experience the Sony sound.

Perhaps LPG is a natural upgrade for those who liked the Sony NW-ZX1/ZX2 however the ZX1/2 have nothing in common with the WM1 family.

Yes I am talking about the first generation HUGO. I have tested the HUGO and HUGO 2 on few occasion for a long hours and I could not convince myself to trade my HUGO to HUGO 2. However I'm now been told that HUGO 2 requires a number of good hours to burn in and that HUGO 2 that I tried was basically a brand new units.
I would have revisited HUGO 2 however the gap between hugo and current portable devices becoming less and less, at least when we are looking into portable IEM and not desktop setups.

The Diana is an aggressive lady and very powerful and detailed, but it just becomes too much at times. Sony never becomes too much.

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #17,595 of 45,723
Is anybody using Sennheiser HD 650 headphones with the Sony out of the balance port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back