SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #4,351 of 45,723
I'm sick of hearing how loud the capped versions aren't. Would prefer to know how loud the uncapped version is. As in, can it drive 300ohm HP's at all?

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #4,352 of 45,723
I think all the complain is purely related to single ended option. I'm willing to say even the capped one will sound plenty loud on balance out. 
But they are still valid concerns as on my uncapped model there are certain cases where I went over the capped model limit. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #4,353 of 45,723

The devices itself has 21 hours of but I had probably listen to it for half of that. 
KSE1500 is an electrostatic gear which can scale up. I tend to like it with warmer DAC which so far I havent found yet. Best is such a relative work, I believe all thing can sound best under the right condition, find the right Synergy and you are set. 

LPG will remain my reference, great for DSD and it pairs great with anything when the recording is dynamic and not bright. However for everyday relaxing use it requires rolled-off high gears to reduce fatigue. 
I havent had a chance to compare it again HUGO in more depth but to my ears 1A is very similar to HUGO. 1A vocal sounds more forward, which to me is good, it is forward just enough. 1A to my ears is better tuned than Mojo. 

1A is about the only DAP so far that I dont have the craving to add in an amp or use it as a source for my desktop dac/amp. Honestly so far everytime I listen I just loss track of time in music. 

Of course the natural question that now has rooted in my mind "how much better is wm1z"? Most likely I will not get the 1z unless I can get one for around $2000 but I am truly hopeful of the next generation of Walkman. These are good times we live in, good times! 

​2 weeks ago I placed and order for the WM1A+4.4mm Kimber MMCX cable and CF vega iems....upon reflection I changed it to the LPG+Bispa MMCX cable and CF vega. Having not listened to either players do you think I made a good choice? I do own a ZX2 and AK240 and found myself always going back to the AK240 because I found it more clinical in its presentation.The only thing I do not like about the AK240 is the battery life which is one of the things that attracted me to the ZX2 originally.

On another topic, as anyone come across a 12V/1A 2.1mm pin DC to USB adapter. I would like to charge the LPG via a powerbank when I am on the go.

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #4,354 of 45,723

​2 weeks ago I placed and order for the WM1A+4.4mm Kimber MMCX cable and CF vega iems....upon reflection I changed it to the LPG+Bispa MMCX cable and CF vega. Having not listened to either players do you think I made a good choice? I do own a ZX2 and AK240 and found myself always going back to the AK240 because I found it more clinical in its presentation.The only thing I do not like about the AK240 is the battery life which is one of the things that attracted me to the ZX2 originally.

On another topic, as anyone come across a 12V/1A 2.1mm pin DC to USB adapter. I would like to charge the LPG via a powerbank when I am on the go.

To me LPG will always remain one of the sound that will never be outdate. I havent listened to Vega so I cannot tell whether that pairing will work but as far as sound alone goes LPG is very capable and from reviews Vega should pair just fine with LPG. 

The reason why I couldnt settle for LPG is due to UI. I dislike folder browsing due to my extensive music collection. Since you like a more clinical sound I suspect LPG is more suitable as its warmth is done right in regard of having a reference sound which isnt sterile. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #4,356 of 45,723
Nov 13, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #4,357 of 45,723
  To me LPG will always remain one of the sound that will never be outdate. I havent listened to Vega so I cannot tell whether that pairing will work but as far as sound alone goes LPG is very capable and from reviews Vega should pair just fine with LPG. 

The reason why I couldnt settle for LPG is due to UI. I dislike folder browsing due to my extensive music collection. Since you like a more clinical sound I suspect LPG is more suitable as its warmth is done right in regard of having a reference sound which isnt sterile. 

Hope that answers your question. 

It's funny you dislike folder browsing because it's what I prefer. Does the Sony allow this mode of function?

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #4,358 of 45,723
Wow. What kind of headphones are those? More and more I'm realizing people are listening to music too loud and compressed at that. To them 85db is barely audible. Really?!! Talk about hearing impairment.
yes there are many deaf people, mine 1A caped even allows me to ear music with my he400i that have 93db and 35 ohms, i am not saying that takes them to the limit but is very pleasant to ear with body and stage and good level (of course more than 100 on the volume )my previous caped zx2 didn't do that

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #4,362 of 45,723

Never seen a 12V USB powerbank, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. You may laugh but .... have you tried looking at the myriad of pocketable 12V car jump starters sold by the likes of Amazon? They are 12 volt, often come with a huge variety of tips and adators, usually have pretty startling storage capacity - and they're handy for their orginal intended purpose in a pinch as well!

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #4,363 of 45,723
my friend in SE with a 300 omhs HP you can be sure that caped and uncaped with 60 mw in to 16 ohms available it will be short...now balanced maybe will do ...

Yeah hoping balanced had a bit more beef.

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #4,364 of 45,723

Well the Vega will be a good match with the LPG and the 240. With the LPG because of its power, and Vega loves a lot of power. With the 240 because of its clinical sound. You should terminate the Vega in 2.5 balance for the 240 and then get an adaptor to 3.5 for the LPG. You are going to like it a lot. Get some MQS or DSD materials and you are in Heaven. I love the DSD album Pure by Lily Chan.

By the way, does Jaben HK has the Wm1z for demo? Also, why weren't you able to listen to or demo the LPG and 1a at Jaben?

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #4,365 of 45,723
Does anyone know what kind of cable is the 4.4 Kimber Mmcx? Is it 6n7/n silver, occ copper, spc? Litz? How many cores? Construction etc? Sound signature, warm? Transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back