SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #11,836 of 45,723

this? http://www.mp3tag.de/en

Does it support dsd and other hi res files?

It does all manner of FLAC, and also .dsf.  For whatever reason, it won't recognize .dff though.  I think it does other hi-res formats too, but those are the only ones I use/have.

While we're on the topic, if anyone knows of a way to either batch identify which embedded artwork are progressive, or further batch convert those to baseline, please do share!  Have done quite a bit of searching, but unfortunately have found next to nothing...

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #11,838 of 45,723
Apr 23, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #11,839 of 45,723

I just tested a few of the "unknown" album problems i was having and mediago has definitely helped so far.. didn't realize it had a database that autotags, only bad part it I have to painstakingly go to each individual song, right click, properties then click the database button. I did get the correct album, artists and track names/numbers to function properly in the dap for the few albums I have tried so far in mediago, but STILL the album art is not working for those and they have the exact same resolution and format and in the same folder locations and file locations as all the other albums that do work.. same scheme of everything so I don't know why the art doesn't show up. Actually at this point I actually think it's more of a problem with sonys dap software to be honest. As every music playing software on all my computers are pulling up the album art and everything else properly too for these.
you can update album art manually, not so big of a deal. It's a one time process. Since you are now invested in Sony, it's a good idea to update your music collection using Sony's own software. And there's no need of uodating songs individually. Do multiple selects, right click and get missing information. Patience my friend, once everything is updated you will never have a problem again

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #11,840 of 45,723

I just tested a few of the "unknown" album problems i was having and mediago has definitely helped so far.. didn't realize it had a database that autotags, only bad part it I have to painstakingly go to each individual song, right click, properties then click the database button. I did get the correct album, artists and track names/numbers to function properly in the dap for the few albums I have tried so far in mediago, but STILL the album art is not working for those and they have the exact same resolution and format and in the same folder locations and file locations as all the other albums that do work.. same scheme of everything so I don't know why the art doesn't show up. Actually at this point I actually think it's more of a problem with sonys dap software to be honest. As every music playing software on all my computers are pulling up the album art and everything else properly too for these.

Select multiple files, right click -> "Get Album Artwork" or "Get Missing properties".. No need to do it individually
If album art is not populated after this process, download the artwork using images.google.com.  Select songs -> right click -> properties -> Artwork -> Add

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #11,842 of 45,723
Sorry if this topic adressed on the thread before, but I cannot put album artwork to DSD files. Anybody else having this issue? Is there a solution for that? I use Media Go software btw.

Dsf you can dff you cannot , i just run any dff files through dff to dsf converter to solve that issue as it just repackages the file not re encode it

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #11,844 of 45,723
WARNING ABOUT SONY. I spent $1200 on the Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 when it came out in early 2015. It came with Android 4.2.2 and is still running 4.2.2. I have contacted Sony several times through many channels about upgrading the version of Android that the device is running but Sony absolutely refuses to upgrade Android on their own Walkman device. It's not like they don't have the knowledge; Sony has Android phones and tablets which they do update. They've just decided that those of us who spent the $1200 on the NW-ZX2 aren't worth the trouble. As Android advances and apps are adapted to the new versions of Android, app comparability is starting to become a problem. Get this: Sony's own Android app "Sony Music Center", which replaced Song Pal - which is no longer available - will not install on Android 4.2.2 showing error message " Your device isn't compatible with this version". It's Sony's own hardware and software! This new Walkman NW-WM1Z does not run on Android. It runs on proprietary software. That will limit your audio source choices and you still have no guarantee at all if you're going to get any firmware or software. Stay away from Sony's audio devices. They'll burn you. It's not worth it especially considering that the NW-WM1Z costs $3200. There are other brands and devices out there. You don't need Sony. Look elsewhere. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #11,845 of 45,723
WARNING ABOUT SONY. I spent $1200 on the Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 when it came out in early 2015. It came with Android 4.2.2 and is still running 4.2.2. I have contacted Sony several times through many channels about upgrading the version of Android that the device is running but Sony absolutely refuses to upgrade Android on their own Walkman device. It's not like they don't have the knowledge; Sony has Android phones and tablets which they do update. They've just decided that those of us who spent the $1200 on the NW-ZX2 aren't worth the trouble. As Android advances and apps are adapted to the new versions of Android, app comparability is starting to become a problem. Get this: Sony's own Android app "Sony Music Center", which replaced Song Pal - which is no longer available - will not install on Android 4.2.2 showing error message " Your device isn't compatible with this version". It's Sony's own hardware and software! This new Walkman NW-WM1Z does not run on Android. It runs on proprietary software. That will limit your audio source choices and you still have no guarantee at all if you're going to get any firmware or software. Stay away from Sony's audio devices. They'll burn you. It's not worth it especially considering that the NW-WM1Z costs $3200. There are other brands and devices out there. You don't need Sony. Look elsewhere. 
i don't buy Dap in this level for the android services i buy for the sound ,for the service i have a samsung galaxy note

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #11,847 of 45,723

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #11,848 of 45,723

deadhorse.gif
bad Sony

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #11,849 of 45,723

Wow, that's a lot of poison to go spewing out.

So, should we avoid all players that run proprietary software? The Lotoo Paw Gold for example? How about the Questyle Q1PR? Oh, and the 1Z/1A have already had a series of firmware updates. Yes, it is sad that Sony refuses to update Android for the ZX2 - but they doubtless have their reasons (which may even be hardware related - did you even consider that?). However, they have never comitted to providing the latest and greatest Android flavours for the ZX2; they don't even do it for all their 'phones.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #11,850 of 45,723

I'm happy with the current F/W, I got the ZX 2 for the SQ and not android feature, it's a stable F/W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back