SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #37,456 of 45,723
The combo of the WM1A and the Z1Rs must be pretty amazing, huh?

WM1Z... (although I'm thinking to get a 1A for taking to the office, etc.). As for the combination, will let you know when they turn up!

And after that I have the TA-1ZHE coming, interesting to see if that really adds...

May 14, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #37,457 of 45,723
May 14, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #37,458 of 45,723
WM1Z... (although I'm thinking to get a 1A for taking to the office, etc.). As for the combination, will let you know when they turn up!

And after that I have the TA-1ZHE coming, interesting to see if that really adds...

it does. I was on the same boat. Got the Walkman, then Z1R, wondered if the Tazzie would add anything to the recipe.... I am very happy I purchased it and it definitely makes the Z1R shine.

May 14, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #37,459 of 45,723
Bloody hell, was supposed to take delivery of MDR-1ZR's today, but package delayed due to "exceptional demand" by the courier :poop::poop::poop:

133 hours but-in so far on the single-end, will have to go through it all again with the balanced...

Question: the Dignis case, where can I get this from (in Europe), I'm not getting much luck searching on Google?
I have been impatiently checking the status of my WM1A delivery, would have had it in normal circumstances but found a link to new estimations, up to 15 days due to @#%&! virus lockdown online frenzy. It has given me some extra time to attempt to speed read some of this thread in preparation.
I never had the energy to burn in the single end of my ZX300, I just put all my efforts into the balanced.

May 14, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #37,460 of 45,723
I'm gonna try that ZTAZ1 mod in the next hour. I will post my thoughts.
Nah, Autumn+ is still my prefered choice definitely.

May 14, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #37,462 of 45,723
May 14, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #37,463 of 45,723
It may not work on the 1Z, as it's intended for the 1A.
Talking about installing it.
I tried them all, and they worked on my 1z...
(!)
:)

Nah, Autumn+ is still my prefered choice definitely.
did you also try the others?
I'm guessing Autumn+ was more laid back?
I realize using EIMs everything is magnified.
I don't remember how Autumn+ sounded.
At that time I think I still preferred the planets solis.

I orderd the case at Amazon but the fit sucks to tight as the reviews says, i sent it back.
I had that miter case for the 1a it fit, but the corners are exposed (!), So I moved onto the red dignis with the 1z.
That case is very tight!
Yet the leather was the most thick and stiff. Some users may like this, but
I personally didn't feel it was that important to me.

The black leather "EASECASE" case I'm using now has a more leather feel to it, and I preferred the style.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #37,464 of 45,723
I tried the JustAnother WM1Z tuning and I prefered the Autumn+. I have not tried WM1Z² though... How does it supposedly compare to the Autumn+?

Unfortunately I couldn't test it myself at the time, as I don't own the device, but I received only good feedback about it from people who own the WM1Z.

Along the feedback was more organic sound, better instrument placement... It shouldn't be too overpowered compared to Autumn+.

I guess it will be better if you will just try it - if you are curious, of course, no pressure :)

May 14, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #37,465 of 45,723
I tried them all, and they worked on my 1z...
(!)

did you also try the others?
I'm guessing Autumn+ was more laid back?
I realize using EIMs everything is magnified.
I don't remember how Autumn+ sounded.
At that time I think I still preferred the planets solis.

I had that miter case for the 1a it fit, but the corners are exposed (!), So I moved onto the res dignis with the 1z.
That case is very tight!
Yet the leather was the most thick and stiff. Some users may like this, but
I personally didn't feel it was that important to me.

The black leather "EASECASE" case I'm using now has a more leather feel to it, and I preferred the style.
I listen to a lot of metal and Autumn+ makes the ideal drumming sound for my ears (with a fast deep punch). ZTAZ1 was more aggressive on the mids, but at the cost of less bass punch and detail.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #37,466 of 45,723
It may not work on the 1Z, as it's intended for the 1A.

Talking about installing it.
I didn't know, so I was just installing all of them lol

I noticed in general, the 1a firmware versions have a bit too much bass.

This must be to adjust to the different tonality of the players, as 1z naturally has more bass.

So I just compensated, by using the "region" with the least mid-bass, which is "CN".
This also happens to be one of the most resolving detailed "regions" .
So it balances out nicely.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #37,467 of 45,723
I have been impatiently checking the status of my WM1A delivery, would have had it in normal circumstances but found a link to new estimations, up to 15 days due to @#%&! virus lockdown online frenzy. It has given me some extra time to attempt to speed read some of this thread in preparation.
I never had the energy to burn in the single end of my ZX300, I just put all my efforts into the balanced.

Indeed, it's a nightmare trying to buy stuff right now - it's taking two weeks from order to delivery from Amazon. Still, who am I to complain who can afford to buy this stuff when there are terrible things going on in the world...

I've made it to page 500 with this thread, I go spend 30 minutes every morning on it while I'm in the sauna :sweat:

it does. I was on the same boat. Got the Walkman, then Z1R, wondered if the Tazzie would add anything to the recipe.... I am very happy I purchased it and it definitely makes the Z1R shine.

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

May 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #37,468 of 45,723
You can find more versions of the leather case on ebay:
Screenshot_20200514-144237__01__01.jpg

May 14, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #37,470 of 45,723
Indeed, it's a nightmare trying to buy stuff right now - it's taking two weeks from order to delivery from Amazon. Still, who am I to complain who can afford to buy this stuff when there are terrible things going on in the world...

I've made it to page 500 with this thread, I go spend 30 minutes every morning on it while I'm in the sauna :sweat:

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:
I have since 24th April a pending delivery of a two-SACD set... not yet show at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back