SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 25, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #11,416 of 14,773
is there something under 300-400$ to use with zx2 to power my beyerdynamic dt770 250ohm? i plan to search and eventually get 600ohm version. 250ohm on max volume is okay. comfortable but i feel like it could be louder for my taste.

i want something that will also be visually pleasant/could stack perfectly.

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #11,417 of 14,773
  is there something under 300-400$ to use with zx2 to power my beyerdynamic dt770 250ohm? i plan to search and eventually get 600ohm version. 250ohm on max volume is okay. comfortable but i feel like it could be louder for my taste.

i want something that will also be visually pleasant/could stack perfectly.

iFi iDSD Micro

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #11,418 of 14,773
I'll experiment with a bigger stack. The mojo was fine with the UERM, but a 3 device stack feels a bit old school. 

Haha it is very old school :) it's also akward as they're all different sized.. Plus a cable too short would generate heat for the mojo as it won't have enough ventilation.. I usually just stack either zx2-mojo or zx2-duet for balanced..

Apr 26, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #11,420 of 14,773
It has finally arrived. Tears in my eyes as I type this cuz of the sound that Im pleasuring my ears to. Holy **** its gorgeous! I'm a little late to the party guys but ive lurked here quietly for far too long to resist typing what I feel. 

This is my first foray into high end category. After two long hard years of unemployment and yearning I got a great job last month. And I was finally able to afford it! I couldnt believe what I was hearing specially when the HR symbol appeared below the track name. I know the IE80's arent even close to realizing the true potential of this beast but its a start. Time for something better...Much better :wink:

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #11,421 of 14,773
It has finally arrived. Tears in my eyes as I type this cuz of the sound that Im pleasuring my ears to. Holy **** its gorgeous! I'm a little late to the party guys but ive lurked here quietly for far too long to resist typing what I feel. 

This is my first foray into high end category. After two long hard years of unemployment and yearning I got a great job last month. And I was finally able to afford it! I couldnt believe what I was hearing specially when the HR symbol appeared below the track name. I know the IE80's arent even close to realizing the true potential of this beast but its a start. Time for something better...Much better :wink:

Congratulation and welcome to the crowd :D

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #11,422 of 14,773

enjoy man, makes me happy to see you in such a happy state

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #11,423 of 14,773

congrats 

buy something with detachable cables and make them TRRS terminated

and download gonemad player

cheers

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #11,424 of 14,773

Congratulations on your new toy, on another note, if I was you I would curb the spending at least for 6 months to a year in your new job,food for thought. In this hobby the wallet can get light real fast.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #11,425 of 14,773
Anybody else hate the rubber band stack?  A solution I picked up from my friend Spook.

Posting pictures of my ZX2 paired with Amp.  I used cheap ZX2 amazon case and modified KSE amp/dac case to make it work.  Notice the scotch guard heavy duty velcro perfectly levels out the hump to make both devices perfectly parallel.  I assume this could also work for other dac/amps too (i.e. Mojo, wifi and etc...).  Hope it helps somebody!

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #11,427 of 14,773
  Anybody else hate the rubber band stack?  A solution I picked up from my friend Spook.

Posting pictures of my ZX2 paired with Amp.  I used cheap ZX2 amazon case and modified KSE amp/dac case to make it work.  Notice the scotch guard heavy duty velcro perfectly levels out the hump to make both devices perfectly parallel.  I assume this could also work for other dac/amps too (i.e. Mojo, wifi and etc...).  Hope it helps somebody!

Cheers!

You should feed the amp via a dedicated line out cable and not from the headphone output for best sound quality.  I believe moon-audio make such cable for around $60 or so.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #11,428 of 14,773
  You should feed the amp via a dedicated line out cable and not from the headphone output for best sound quality.  I believe moon-audio make such cable for around $60 or so.

You could also just buy any regular cable for $5-10 and you shouldn't hear any difference at all. Just as a less expensive option.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #11,429 of 14,773
Sonic Defender-  I assume you were talking to Purk and not me????  My silver litz cable was free.  Gift from a friend. Doesn't get much cheaper than that for a silver litz interconnect with high-end right angle connectors.  However, if you were talking to PURK he is the one person I know that does not have to talk about theoretical advantages of anything.  He either owns it or has owned it and has made his own mind up based on experience.  Purk is the only person I know that owns an Orpheus that I hope to hear some day soon.  He was the person that helped me to discover my own AK240 was not the end all be all and I purchased the ZX2 as a result (after selling my AK240). 

Purk- Did not know such a cable existed.  Found it on Moon.  I wish the Sony end were right angle as it makes the stack far less portable.  I will buy it tonight and A/B it with the stereo line out.  will report back.  Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back