Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 25, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,846 of 12,862
Let me give you some advice, I was in the same position, WM1A was my choice, then the release of the ZX300, was going to get either one from Sony Ginza or bic camera during my visit in december 2017, but got it from amazon jp. From my opinon, the ZX300 might not evern be released as a tourist version as not all Sony item are sold as oversea models (Tourist Version), usually all tourist models will be stated in the oversea model catolog, even a month all so before they release them, the latest catalog is the autumn 2017 which was released just before the new Sony A40 series model arrival, even the A40 is in the catolog.

Anyway, if you are waiting, your only advantages is multi language, international warranty and tax free at the cost of 64880 yen.

What you can do is do a test run on a purchase from amazon japan for the ZX300 and see the total cost, all product sold outside of japan will also get tax free, you don't need to press the button for the final purchase it will show you the total cost tax free including the shipping cost to your country, on top of that, amazon japan with give you amazon points equal to 7007point which is equal to 7007 yen of your next purchase, more that enough to get the Sony Leather flip case which is around 6750yen, in other words, it's a free case.

I made my purchase in amazon japan on October 17, and should get my ZX300 before the October 30th, I will also use the points for the case, or other products once I receive the Zx300.

the cost of the ZX300 cost me 64880 yen tax free
shipping cost to Hong Kong is only 425 yen
Total cost is 65305 yen
given amazon points is 7007, equal to 7007 yen for next purchase.

seems like a better deal.

hope this helps.

I pm'ed a well-known store of audio gears here in our country thru fb if when will the zx300 will be available and he replied November. A staff from a Sony branch also confirmed it but no pricing yet. I might wait a little. Maybe there will be other DAPs that will catch my attention aside from Sony's. No rush here.

Thanks for your advice.

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #1,847 of 12,862
WIN_20171025_19_50_02_Pro.jpg

none of this would have been more enjoyable without your help.. thank you!!! humbled, enlightened, and grateful..:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,848 of 12,862
Let me give you some advice, I was in the same position, WM1A was my choice, then the release of the ZX300, was going to get either one from Sony Ginza or bic camera during my visit in december 2017, but got it from amazon jp. From my opinon, the ZX300 might not evern be released as a tourist version as not all Sony item are sold as oversea models (Tourist Version), usually all tourist models will be stated in the oversea model catolog, even a month all so before they release them, the latest catalog is the autumn 2017 which was released just before the new Sony A40 series model arrival, even the A40 is in the catolog.

Anyway, if you are waiting, your only advantages is multi language, international warranty and tax free at the cost of 64880 yen.

What you can do is do a test run on a purchase from amazon japan for the ZX300 and see the total cost, all product sold outside of japan will also get tax free, you don't need to press the button for the final purchase it will show you the total cost tax free including the shipping cost to your country, on top of that, amazon japan with give you amazon points equal to 7007point which is equal to 7007 yen of your next purchase, more that enough to get the Sony Leather flip case which is around 6750yen, in other words, it's a free case.

I made my purchase in amazon japan on October 17, and should get my ZX300 before the October 30th, I will also use the points for the case, or other products once I receive the Zx300.

Total cost is 65305 yen

hope this helps.

thanks for the advice. will take that into account whenever ill purchase another item / gadget. anyways, problem solved. its now in english!!!

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,850 of 12,862
Well case just arrived from Amazon Japan to UK in 3 Days (cost me £59) and looks great. Excellent quality too. Great magnetic closure & includes a leather wrist strap if you want to use it.

20171025_125817.jpg

20171025_125900.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,851 of 12,862
I'm really tempted to cancel my order with AJ and order from Amazon Japan. But I'm using PayPal 6 months same as cash and that's very nice. I emailed AJ to see if I could pin down when they will actually start shipping. My case and headphones are already on the way. Oh and I am scared I may get custom charges from Amazon Japan since they don't proclaim the item as a 'gift' as AJ does.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #1,852 of 12,862
They are not giving you a date as they know when it's released in Hong Kong, which is around early to mid November, they don't want you to cancel to purchase elsewhere, which is the official release date for Sony Hong Kong, some companies follow the strict rules on release date, and all shops can only sell on the official release date, this is the case with apple and samsung Hong Kong, I think Sony Hong Kong is the same.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,853 of 12,862
That's too long, if that's the case, I expected it to ship in October. Of course I don't know when they will get them here in the US?? I thought the release date was October 27th.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #1,854 of 12,862
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #1,855 of 12,862
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #1,856 of 12,862
They are not giving you a date as they know when it's released in Hong Kong, which is around early to mid November, they don't want you to cancel to purchase elsewhere, which is the official release date for Sony Hong Kong, some companies follow the strict rules on release date, and all shops can only sell on the official release date, this is the case with apple and samsung Hong Kong, I think Sony Hong Kong is the same.
They do give a date, they expect it on this Friday and will ship it right away for people who pre-ordered. Tho Sony stock always varies on if they actually deliver on that day.

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,858 of 12,862

Total cost is 65305 yen

hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you get English language after rooting the unit afterward?

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,859 of 12,862
They do give a date, they expect it on this Friday and will ship it right away for people who pre-ordered. Tho Sony stock always varies on if they actually deliver on that day.
Upto now there isn't a release date.

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #1,860 of 12,862
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you get English language after rooting the unit afterward?
all the information is posted in the past 1 to 2 pages, there is step by step info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back