Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 2, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #2,296 of 12,862
First impressions: sound is very full and livid through my Klipsch X10's (completely burned-in IEM's). With just 30 minutes of playtime.
I cannot fairly compare it to the ZX100 as I only recall the ZX100's sound from memory, but I remember not being as satisfied with the ZX100's SE sound after thirty minutes.
..the ZX100 needed burn in ..The difference with the ZX300 to me was it had a slightly better treble (ZX300) so it gives it a more airy sound better soundstage...But to my ears the ZX100 had the more articulate bass more impactful

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,297 of 12,862
..the ZX100 needed burn in ..The difference with the ZX300 to me was it had a slightly better treble (ZX300) so it gives it a more airy sound better soundstage...But to my ears the ZX100 had the more articulate bass more impactful
No complaints about the bass on the ZX300 thus far. using source direct.

Same story as for all audio gear: different combinations of headphones and players and ears, different experiences :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #2,298 of 12,862
Help me Head-Fi Ka Nobi, you're my only hope:

Say I have a playlist from Tidal with 30 tracks (all 1 artist 1 album 1 track) imported to the Walkman via MediaGo - is there any way to remove these from showing up alongside all the other full albums/artists ie. stop clogging up the UI and keep playlist tracks ONLY in the playlist ?

I'm guessing the only workaround (I can see) is to use folder view ...

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2,300 of 12,862
Help me Head-Fi Ka Nobi, you're my only hope:

Say I have a playlist from Tidal with 30 tracks (all 1 artist 1 album 1 track) imported to the Walkman via MediaGo - is there any way to remove these from showing up alongside all the other full albums/artists ie. stop clogging up the UI and keep playlist tracks ONLY in the playlist ?

I'm guessing the only workaround (I can see) is to use folder view ...
i think you answered your own question :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,302 of 12,862
Anyone can direct me to a website where I can buy rubber output plugs?

There are a few on amazon jp, apparently it's from third party sellers, and I think they don't send internationally, if you got the japanese version, you get two pieces and a 4.4 and 3.5 plugs.

either get from taobao or amazonjp using a agent.

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #2,303 of 12,862
Hello,
I need your help to decide on my next DAP. The ZX300 seems to be very good, but is it comparable with the A&K AK70 MKII, the FiiO X5III or the Cowon Plenue R? which one do you think would be better from sound perspective? can I listen to files stored in a Synology NAS from the ZX300?
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any of those DAPs here in Belgium to compare them
Thank you for your help

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,304 of 12,862
Damn seeing some people returning the zx300 makes me wonder about this. I mean i certainly does look like a keeper, the question remains whether it sounds like a keeper!

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,305 of 12,862
Been testing my ZX300 for the last hour or so. And I am really impressed. Its exactly what I wanted, great sound in a smallish package and great usability with a great battery life(well I will have to find out). I tested pretty much everything I wanted and the biggest error I found is no decoding of MQA in the DAC mode, that can be changed. I am not big into MQA so its not a problem.

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,306 of 12,862
Damn seeing some people returning the zx300 makes me wonder about this. I mean i certainly does look like a keeper, the question remains whether it sounds like a keeper!
Some people like it, some don't, the SQ isn't to their liking, doesn't mean you won't like it, i like even though I do have the Zx2.

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #2,308 of 12,862
Some people like it, some don't, the SQ isn't to their liking, doesn't mean you won't like it, i like even though I do have the Zx2.
I have zero requirement for streaming and also am an admirer of the battery life and would definitely give this a try.

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2,309 of 12,862
if you love balanced out then it will be a keeper

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,310 of 12,862
I have zero requirement for streaming and also am an admirer of the battery life and would definitely give this a try.

Do you have hard to drive cans? If not I say definitely get this dap. It sounds better than 90% daps I've tried out of the SE output. Battery life is better than most and the UI while basic does the job. Streaming would be a plus but I have phone and ak70 for that.

You can always try to buy it at a place with a good/easy return policy, that way if you don't like it you can just return it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back