Sony ULT Wear (WH-ULT900N)
Apr 11, 2024 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jb2unique

100+ Head-Fier
Sony Introduces ULT POWER SOUND®, A New Series of Speakers and of course Headphones bringing Massive Bass and the Ultimate Vibe

1000001850.jpg

ULT WEAR – Boost the bass. Feel the music.

With exceptional bass and improved noise canceling, the new ULT WEAR headphones let listeners bring their favorite festival or club feel with them everywhere they go. Set the vibe with 360 Reality Audio8, personalized EQs, and premium noise canceling sound-technologies for the ultimate audio experience. Listeners will find themselves at the center of the music wherever they go.

ULT WEAR key features:

ULT POWER SOUND - Press the ULT button for powerful sound. ULT1 delivers deep, low-frequency bass, and ULT2 provides powerful bass.

Designed for power - Powered by Sony's Integrated Processor V1, the same processor found in Sony's award-winning 1000X series headphones, and a driver unit designed for ULT POWER SOUND® series, ULT WEAR intuitively blocks out external noise while producing high-quality sound authentic to the original recording.

Noise canceling - With Dual Noise Sensor technology and the Integrated Processor V1, ULT WEAR creates a distraction free listening experience wherever users go.

Comfortable design - ULT WEAR headphones are designed for maximum comfort and structured for optimal sound. Moldable cushions ensure a snug fit, crafted with a unique thermo-foaming process for wrinkle-free wearability and balanced over-ear comfort, delivering exceptional acoustic performance. ULT WEAR have a foldable design and come complete with a carry case.

Everyday use - ULT WEAR exudes function, form, and features. Captive sensor technology pauses the music when users take them off and starts again when put back on. Bluetooth® syncs with two devices simultaneously, intelligently connecting to the right one during calls.

ULT WEAR is available in black, forest gray, and off white beginning Spring 2024 for a suggested retail price of $199.99 USD/ $349.99 CAN at Sony.com, Amazon, Best Buy, and other Sony authorized dealers.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 11
As always, Canada gets shafted with regards to pricing, 349 CAD is ridiculous. Depending on region, with tax it will be closer to $400. which is quite a lot to ask for here. In my opinion these should be max, 325-350 CAD after tax. For anyone in Canada considering these, wait for a price drop or sale.

From one review the bass is stated as "excessive", but then this are supposed to be extra bass like, so there is that to consider.

I am wondering how similar these are to the older model and how much of their components will be the same or carried over. From one spec sheet I saw, there are no MEMS mics, but electret. But then the WH-XB910N mixed electret and MEMS mics, so I guessing the same setup here as well. The new model does feature an auto pause function, and it is described as a capacative sensor, so assuming it is like in the WH-1000XM5, a ring around the driver.

Will be interesting if Sony expands the headset lineup. This model is the YY2981, and we have a new set of earbuds YY2982 registered not too long ago, so perhaps we are looking at some ULT Earbuds in the future? Although not sure how Sony would add a large ULT button as the earbuds would only have one button on them for controls.

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 11
Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 11
If they can out-resolve the Crushers and come any where near the resolution of the Audeze Maxwells, I can finally recommend something for fellow bassheads again.
Having a distinction between a punchy bass EQ and a sub-heavy EQ is well thought out, but considering how the flagships sounded (before the 5 which has some overly processed sound), I can't imaging it hanging with the cool kids.
Though I would settle for a wireless Meze 99 Classics with a built in bass boost.
Fingers crossed Sony smashed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back