Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,081 of 9,689
That is very strange. For us here in the US we place the order in whatever quantity we want and within a week it’s being delivered. No special orders no special build.
^
^
The US is a very huge market with huge demand. It is the main target of all product. In the US probably you can sell Z1R over 1,000 units a year but in some countries
they can sell 50-60 unit a year (max or much less) so, the US market is the first priority. Given the price the Z1r is asking it is more than 6 months salaries in many countries therefore
keeping stock is also another problem of investment. I just want to share my opinion from out side the US. :)

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,082 of 9,689
That is very strange. For us here in the US we place the order in whatever quantity we want and within a week it’s being delivered. No special orders no special build.
^
^
The US is a very huge market with huge demand. It is the main target of all product. In the US probably you can sell Z1R over 1,000 units a year but in some countries
they can sell 50-60 unit a year (max or much less) so, the US market is the first priority. Given the price the Z1r is asking it is more than 6 months salaries in many countries therefore
keeping stock is also another problem of investment. I just want to share my opinion from out side the US. :)

How I wish that were true. The US team wasn’t going to bring the ES Products in until I offered to assist with the launch. The UK & EU is where the lions share has gone. It’s because they sold mostly through Amazon UK

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jan 4, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #1,084 of 9,689
That link shows it’s Sony Australia.
While Australia isn't a large market it is fairly affluent and availability is good. I think it's a case of Sony Australia dragging their feet ordering less popular products. The retailer said Sony had a build to order process on the HPs, I then used the Sony Store online chat and they confirmed exactly what the merchant said.
I also ordered a Walkman from the Sony Store and they're not getting stock in until mid Feb, whereas the 1000Xm2 arrived in 18hrs (order > door).
I got the Z1R cheaper than I've seen it anywhere in the world, so I guess I will just have to wait patiently.

PS: My biggest concern with the Z1R was the size of the drivers and the implied ergonomics; I listen to music in bed and I was concerned about them not sitting on my head properly when reclined... is that an issue anyone experiences? I realise a pillow is out.

Thanks.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #1,085 of 9,689
While Australia isn't a large market it is fairly affluent and availability is good. I think it's a case of Sony Australia dragging their feet ordering less popular products. The retailer said Sony had a build to order process on the HPs, I then used the Sony Store online chat and they confirmed exactly what the merchant said.
I also ordered a Walkman from the Sony Store and they're not getting stock in until mid Feb, whereas the 1000Xm2 arrived in 18hrs (order > door).
I got the Z1R cheaper than I've seen it anywhere in the world, so I guess I will just have to wait patiently.

PS: My biggest concern with the Z1R was the size of the drivers and the implied ergonomics; I listen to music in bed and I was concerned about them not sitting on my head properly when reclined... is that an issue anyone experiences? I realise a pillow is out.

Thanks.

Actually I was surprised at how large a market Australia really is. Australia’s main problem is it is mostly distributors that are getting old and no longer service like younger people would. These distributors I’m told are having a difficult time finding your blood to help with keeping the distributors going. Sony is a different issue. When you order as a Sony territory you must sell through fast. If you don’t you could lose your year end bonus for not meeting goals. So it’s far more likely the Sony Australia orders light to avoid not meeting their goals and losing they bonus.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #1,086 of 9,689

Thanks.

They are big. When using them in bed I have a small rectangular pillow I use narrow behind the head so it dont stick out, itherwise the cups will hit the pillow and be pushed forward on the head

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #1,087 of 9,689
They are big. When using them in bed I have a small rectangular pillow I use narrow behind the head so it dont stick out, itherwise the cups will hit the pillow and be pushed forward on the head
The Z7 is actually better in that regards. It is smaller and will not so easily be pushed forward.

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #1,088 of 9,689
That video did not even show the paper or the water! Water? Yeah, I guess.

I know this is not going to go over good but I am simply repeating history nothing new or unsaid. I noticed a while ago Jude in not so many words for whatever reason regarding these ousted Tyll as incompetent both in his measurement and hearing! However he did mention their remains the possibility very oddly he has a "bad" pair. that is highly unlikely given the nature of these. I will give Tyll the benefit of the doubt however as there have been plenty of bad Grado's before. Although these are not exactly at the same level of QC as Grado is. Whatever the case I really do not know what went wrong in that situation. Sure, you may not like them but to say they are outright rubbish $5 Ibuds is Ludacris. I do not mean to start a problem again so please let's not discuss this further. I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt something was wrong. However, he should have known that. I went so far to say these will compete with any headphones ever produced including and not limited to the HE1. I think I, at least walked away with a much different impression. I have some of the best headphones in the world and I can assure you as of right now these will be getting the most listening time. I do not mean to start a problem. Everyone, please be mature. Okay? I am just saying maybe something was wrong when he tried them and that is no fault of his own. I will give him that. there is no other explanation how you would bash these so hard. Once he has the HE1 and bashes those equally we then shall know if something is up. Until then I really do not know what transpired there. As I just said you can say these are not your cup of tea as we do with many headphones on a personal basis. To say they are utter trash in an "objective" manner does not make much sense. I have no idea what the situation was. Perhaps some payola who knows. I do not mean any bad words to him. All I am saying is do not let that deter you since something really does not add up there. Some people do not like these in a subjective manner. That is fine. I personally feel I would rather listen to these than $65,000USD(not a typo) headphones. You know which ones they are. So I am just chalking this up to something on some level transpired there we will never know. As always I suggest anyone must listen to these or have a return policy. If you do not like them in a subjective manner that is completely okay. I honestly did not intend to find them to be in the league I feel they are. I seriously did not expect that myself. I figured they would be okay but nothing incredible. In my own regard I think I was very wrong. I feel these are at the top of the headphone food chain. that is solely my opinion. you are entitled to yours. However to say they are incredibly poor or such speak I am just going to chalk that up to some anomaly we may never know. If you like them or do not like them is subjective at this juncture and you are fully entitled to your own opinion. No one can rightfully say they are not worth $2USD. That falls into "objective" territory which simply does not apply to our hobby. I still stand very surprised at his review. Nonetheless If you must discuss this please be civil. I urge you. I just felt it was my duty to say simply that we should separate the "perceived" objective stance from one which is subjective. Ie, the measurements do not match Jude's. so please let's continue this conversation in an adult manner. there is absolutely no reason to take anything I or others have said in regard to this issue as a personal matter. It is what it is and goes down in history for whatever it is worth but please do not get bent out of shape once again over such a trivial matter. Your loved one is dying of cancer, that is a serious issue. this is not. Please treat it as such and maintain some modicum of maturity here. Remember this is a public forum and you could very well be banned for unruly behavior. Which there is absolutely no reason for. I have no idea why this was such a heated issue that so far at least three threads have had to be closed over it. Just stop it. Act like grown ups. If you must discuss it please do so in a civil manner. I simply wanted to point out that what may never have been brought up is there was something involved there on any level that we were not privy to. Akin to stating that an apple is an orange. It clearly and physically is not. That is reality. We should never try to bring the " objective" into this hobby. that is where things will seriously go awry. That is all. Please be civil and continue.......

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,089 of 9,689
Everyone, please be mature. Okay?

If you must discuss this please be civil.

So please let's continue this conversation in an adult manner.

maintain some modicum of maturity here. Remember this is a public forum and you could very well be banned for unruly behavior.

Just stop it. Act like grown ups.

If you must discuss it please do so in a civil manner.

Please be civil and continue.......

IMG_3026.GIF

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #1,090 of 9,689

I know this is not going to go over good but I am simply repeating history nothing new or unsaid. I noticed a while ago Jude in not so many words for whatever reason regarding these ousted Tyll as incompetent both in his measurement and hearing! However he did mention their remains the possibility very oddly he has a "bad" pair. that is highly unlikely given the nature of these. I will give Tyll the benefit of the doubt however as there have been plenty of bad Grado's before. Although these are not exactly at the same level of QC as Grado is. Whatever the case I really do not know what went wrong in that situation. Sure, you may not like them but to say they are outright rubbish $5 Ibuds is Ludacris. I do not mean to start a problem again so please let's not discuss this further. I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt something was wrong. However, he should have known that. I went so far to say these will compete with any headphones ever produced including and not limited to the HE1. I think I, at least walked away with a much different impression. I have some of the best headphones in the world and I can assure you as of right now these will be getting the most listening time. I do not mean to start a problem. Everyone, please be mature. Okay? I am just saying maybe something was wrong when he tried them and that is no fault of his own. I will give him that. there is no other explanation how you would bash these so hard. Once he has the HE1 and bashes those equally we then shall know if something is up. Until then I really do not know what transpired there. As I just said you can say these are not your cup of tea as we do with many headphones on a personal basis. To say they are utter trash in an "objective" manner does not make much sense. I have no idea what the situation was. Perhaps some payola who knows. I do not mean any bad words to him. All I am saying is do not let that deter you since something really does not add up there. Some people do not like these in a subjective manner. That is fine. I personally feel I would rather listen to these than $65,000USD(not a typo) headphones. You know which ones they are. So I am just chalking this up to something on some level transpired there we will never know. As always I suggest anyone must listen to these or have a return policy. If you do not like them in a subjective manner that is completely okay. I honestly did not intend to find them to be in the league I feel they are. I seriously did not expect that myself. I figured they would be okay but nothing incredible. In my own regard I think I was very wrong. I feel these are at the top of the headphone food chain. that is solely my opinion. you are entitled to yours. However to say they are incredibly poor or such speak I am just going to chalk that up to some anomaly we may never know. If you like them or do not like them is subjective at this juncture and you are fully entitled to your own opinion. No one can rightfully say they are not worth $2USD. That falls into "objective" territory which simply does not apply to our hobby. I still stand very surprised at his review. Nonetheless If you must discuss this please be civil. I urge you. I just felt it was my duty to say simply that we should separate the "perceived" objective stance from one which is subjective. Ie, the measurements do not match Jude's. so please let's continue this conversation in an adult manner. there is absolutely no reason to take anything I or others have said in regard to this issue as a personal matter. It is what it is and goes down in history for whatever it is worth but please do not get bent out of shape once again over such a trivial matter. Your loved one is dying of cancer, that is a serious issue. this is not. Please treat it as such and maintain some modicum of maturity here. Remember this is a public forum and you could very well be banned for unruly behavior. Which there is absolutely no reason for. I have no idea why this was such a heated issue that so far at least three threads have had to be closed over it. Just stop it. Act like grown ups. If you must discuss it please do so in a civil manner. I simply wanted to point out that what may never have been brought up is there was something involved there on any level that we were not privy to. Akin to stating that an apple is an orange. It clearly and physically is not. That is reality. We should never try to bring the " objective" into this hobby. that is where things will seriously go awry. That is all. Please be civil and continue.......

Please use paragraph spacing. Your posts are a little hard to read...

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,091 of 9,689

Cocaine should be avoided, kids! :D

Seriously, if you want people to read a giant wall of text like you just posted, at least use paragraphs. Other than that, if you want people to not go off on this subject - simply don't bring it up again. It's not really reasonable to make a huge post about it then tell everyone else to be quiet on the subject.

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #1,092 of 9,689
To be fair to Tyll, I can’t recall Jude suggesting his hearing or methods are incompetent. Not sure that’s a fair criticism.
Maybe different ears and a different rig.
But if Tyll doesn’t like them, maybe it’s his loss, however, it is his personal opinion. And that’s why people follow him. For his opinion. -nothing personal about it...
Stay calm, and enjoy the ride :0)

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #1,093 of 9,689
Sorry. I got carried away. I just meant if people want to discuss it fine but they do not need to be rude. This is not a private adult forum. That's all. Quite frankly I do not understand why people could not discuss it is a civil manner the first 3+ times. My main point was Jude, whom I trust had different findings. So I was just saying something had to have been wrong. Honestly it has been discussed enough already. He made a mistake or something, that's fair.

I am sure we have other things we can discuss about them regardless. Please do not trash another thread guy's. You are welcome to say I am wrong too. I am just saying it is not like these are universally known to be garbage. Honestly I think their targeted competitor would be the Utopia. Different sound and more money but I think that would be what people are deciding between.

I seriously found them to be at the top of the heap. That is subjective of course. I know some people do like them but perhaps not that much. It seems to me that Sony pulled out all stops. When Sony gets serious watch out is my opinion. Of course I love both my R10 and 010. Just a Sony fanboy I guess. Perhaps you could say I am the polar opposite of Tyll. My opinion really means nothing. Decide what you think for yourselves.

These nailed it for me right now. That's just me though. I was mainly listening to Loudspeakers and now these.

Anime, that is a joint? Fast clip but I have seen a few in my time but not cocaine. That is a bad insult. I see the smiley though so I know you were joking. all good. Actually, well you know.....what caused me to type in such a manner. I am a old man but I swear I will live to 150 with some good 'ol Dank. Hey, wasn't that at like 3am anyways? what else do you do? Dang! it was 7:34am. Nuff said. I have more than one hobby :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #1,094 of 9,689
No, Jude got completely different measurements. On his state of the art hearing simulator. That is why I was saying maybe some kind of mistake or something. You are correct, Jude did not personally insult him. You cannot say how anyone hears but graphs are graphs. for whatever that is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back