Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Jun 2, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #4,771 of 9,684
Alright, here we go.

An Auralic Aries Mini streamer with a build in 2TB ssd and full Tidal support

28ED5C30-C61D-4E16-B000-B1B2C8FC37AF.jpeg
I wasn't going to say anything, but this the second time you post this photo so I have to. Lagavulin... a smoky choice, too smoky for me in fact, but if you're man enough to take it, an excellent choice. I'm more of a Talisker man myself these days. I find it makes the bass deeper and more refined and it expands the sound stage significantly.
That would absolutely work but a pc is notorious for being able to introduce all sorts of electrical interference and noise to the sound signal. Whether you can hear it is another thing though.
Not to mention: whether all the data is checked and then buffered before being used is also another thing.
It's better not to place the midst of the headband onto the headphone racks since the sponge will be squeezed. Sony actually has a brilliant design here which is rarely noticed that the left and right ends of the headband are NOT stuffed with sponge so you can sit the headphone by either of these two parts to prevent crushing the sponge. If you find the interview of the Sony Taiyo factory on the Z1R you'll see a photo of the phones placed in this way. It also took me these 3 years to suddenly realize this fact..
The solid part of the headband is there to provide a solid guide for the headband extension. I doubt anyone in the design team thought about its use for hanging the headphones on it.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,772 of 9,684
Jun 2, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #4,773 of 9,684
Alright, here we go.

I wasn't going to say anything, but this the second time you post this photo so I have to. Lagavulin... a smoky choice, too smoky for me in fact, but if you're man enough to take it, an excellent choice. I'm more of a Talisker man myself these days. I find it makes the bass deeper and more refined and it expands the sound stage significantly.

Not to mention: whether all the data is checked and then buffered before being used is also another thing.

The solid part of the headband is there to provide a solid guide for the headband extension. I doubt anyone in the design team thought about its use for hanging the headphones on it.

I never liked whisky until the first time I had a Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Since then I've been working my way back to non smoky whisky and love it all but my favourites are smoky, salty, tarry Islays and sherry bombs like Glendronach and Glenfarcles

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #4,774 of 9,684
I never liked whisky until the first time I had a Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Since then I've been working my way back to non smoky whisky and love it all but my favourites are smoky, salty, tarry Islays and sherry bombs like Glendronach and Glenfarcles
I'm hardly a connoisseur, so I didn't understand half of what you've written there. I just spotted a bottle I recognized and wanted to act cool. Did I succeed? :)

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #4,776 of 9,684
You could be right as I searched for more pictures and found some of the crews hang it with the solid ends while some don't. Not mandatory, for sure.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #4,777 of 9,684
None of the degrades I encountered on my Z1R so far seems to happen to your unit, so maybe there's really batch difference.

quite possible or I just don't notice or mind the issues

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,778 of 9,684
I'm hardly a connoisseur, so I didn't understand half of what you've written there. I just spotted a bottle I recognized and wanted to act cool. Did I succeed? :)

Yep

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,779 of 9,684
You could be right as I searched for more pictures and found some of the crews hang it with the solid ends while some don't. Not mandatory, for sure.
Can you provide a link for that article, sounds interesting. Or were these just loose photos on google search?

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #4,780 of 9,684
In that case it must have been flattened when new 3 1/2 years ago
Speaking of headphone stands, I've recently purchased this -

1591124398650.png

The curved, padded rest should help to alleviate any pressure that a single, narrow band might exert, as the surface area is relatively wide. It helps that the headphone model that was used in the ad is the Z1R itself.

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #4,781 of 9,684

Disrespecting Lagavulin 16 is un-cool so you failed I'm afraid....

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #4,782 of 9,684
Disrespecting Lagavulin 16 is un-cool so you failed I'm afraid....
Lol, how was I disrespecting it? I just said it's too smokey for me. Wait, how much Lagavulin 16 did you have before posting this? :)

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #4,783 of 9,684
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #4,785 of 9,684
Speaking of headphone stands, I've recently purchased this -

1591124398650.png

The curved, padded rest should help to alleviate any pressure that a single, narrow band might exert, as the surface area is relatively wide. It helps that the headphone model that was used in the ad is the Z1R itself.

Nice stand. Do you have a link for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back