Sony ZX700: only work in one ear.
Apr 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JamesB123

Head-Fier
I've put it here as I don't really consider them portable. 

As the title says really; a couple of hours after last using them I plug them in and they suddenly only work in the left ear (the corded side) and not the right. 

I'm fairly sure they'll be out of warranty/guarantee etc (UK) as I bought them pretty much this time 2 years ago, but they weren't exactly inexpensive, for me anyway. I assume the problem is some sort of faulty/broken connection but is there a chance the problem will fix itself, or are they kaput unless someone who knows what they're doing has a look? I can't see anything visibly wrong with the wire, they still work on the left side and were working fine just a few hours ago. I don't listen to anything at a particularly high volume, nor for a very long amount of time.

Cheers.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 5
I have met the exactly same problem before with the exactly same model and solved by warrenty...

Its the connection from left cup to right cup being broken, and the broken point is most likely among those adjustable joint points in between.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I have met the exactly same problem before with the exactly same model and solved by warranty...

Its the connection from left cup to right cup being broken, and the broken point is most likely among those adjustable joint points in between.

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly sure mine are out of Sony warranty as they are just over 2 years old (by about two weeks).

I bought them off Amazon (through a 3rd party seller), is there a chance I'd be covered under Sale of Goods Act?

Alternatively, if that was the problem, is that repairable? Bearing in mind I would have no clue what I was doing...

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 5
Sorry I don't know orz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back