Sorry. Awful
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry guys. This new site is bloody awful. I have been active on Head Fi for years but this has killed it stone dead. :frowning2:

May 3, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 30
Anyone figured out how to search for specific IEMs/cans/etc.?

Searching at the top right seems to take me to lots of for sale posts...

*EDIT* Don't worry it seems you having to go specifically into the Head Gear section then hit a seperate button to search...

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 30
I agree. It's just so bad - surely they must have beta tested before going live?

May 3, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 30
I agree, absolute crap! No other way to put it. Don't come to this site nearly as much as I used to.
IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT!! Bloody software geeks can't leave anything alone.

May 3, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 30
I agree, absolute crap! No other way to put it. Don't come to this site nearly as much as I used to.
IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT!! Bloody software geeks can't leave anything alone.

As a general rule I'd agree (and I am a bloody software geek by trade!), but to be fair, I don't think they had a choice in this case. As I understand it, they were forced to leave the Huddler platform and move to a new one as Huddler stopped offering the software. Because it was a lot of proprietary code, it can't simply be ported as-is to another platform.

May 3, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 30
As a general rule I'd agree (and I am a bloody software geek by trade!), but to be fair, I don't think they had a choice in this case. As I understand it, they were forced to leave the Huddler platform and move to a new one as Huddler stopped offering the software. Because it was a lot of proprietary code, it can't simply be ported as-is to another platform.

It's all greek to me but as I understand it, they had to move the site to another host and in doing so had to re-do how it operates. If so, why couldn't they just replicate what they had? Worked just fine. I have just had to create a new password as the site wouldn't let me sign in after having used my original password for years, including the last few days! Go figure. Not an auspicious beginning.

May 4, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #9 of 30
I sort of like the layout of the new site. But there are so many features I miss from the old design. If I sell stuff, I cannot bump or close listings. I cannot search threads or sub forums without being forced to use Google. If I leave feedback to a buyer or seller, I cannot link to the item I bought or sold (this should make it easier to fake feedback).
So many very basic features that are just missing.

Plus that new voyeur feature where you can read people's messages to each other (if they did not make the messages private). What is that about? I feel sort of dirty reading other people's messages that are supposed to be private...

May 4, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 30
It's all greek to me but as I understand it, they had to move the site to another host and in doing so had to re-do how it operates. If so, why couldn't they just replicate what they had? Worked just fine. I have just had to create a new password as the site wouldn't let me sign in after having used my original password for years, including the last few days! Go figure. Not an auspicious beginning.
don't think about this as copying your stuff onto another hard drive. think of it as moving from windows to mac and trying to get all your customized stuff you spent years sorting out, just gone. some parts will be the same from the start, some you can customize again but it requires work on your part, and some are just lost. the more customized your previous system, the harder it will be to feel home again on the new one.

it's the same here. what can come back will come back but right now they're working on fixing bugs and making sure all information that was carried over isn't lost. as time goes by and bugs are fixed, they will be able to move on to adding cool little stuff and functions that people liked using before. but that will take time.

in my case as a fellow member I struggled for a few days, I wouldn't risk trying to make a review or use the mobile version for some time. but as to browsing and posting silly stuff, I found how to do it right away ^_^.

May 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 30
The teeny tiny fonts and black on grey colours are a big step back in legibility.

Especially in an iPad. I used to enjoy reading through the forums before bed on my iPad but now it's a bit uncomfortable.

May 4, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #12 of 30
It was a completely unnecessary change, likely driven by a desire to display more ads. There's not one solitary improvement on this site, and I still haven't figured out how to easily PM about a classified ad without copying and pasting usernames. It's worth leaving the forum over.

May 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #13 of 30
I agree, it's a dumbed-down version of the original. No detailed search, thread search or sorting options, What? How did you even think it is gonna work like this? It's a joke. And besides, it's too bright, my first reaction was to look for alternative themes on the bottom, but even a small-community forum is more innovative than this.

May 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #15 of 30
Fair play Jude. I am sure that the is a hell of a lot of work going on behind the scenes. I'll stick with it and stop griping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back