Sound Rhyme impression thread
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #2,446 of 2,490
Months are passing by and I still can't find anything about SR4... is it possible that no one has done a review anywhere since the January launch? Is it because it sucks or is it a rare gem not to be revealed?! :space_invader:

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #2,450 of 2,490
Does anyone have the Dte500 and can listen to it or did they have the EPZ 530? The Dte tuning really caught my attention, I think it could be a good complement to my EPZ... A different flavor for sure.
I got the DTE500 and it is a blast to listen to it. The tuning is fun and bassy. Here are the EPZ 530 and the DTE500 in comparision.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #2,451 of 2,490
Converting a 4.4mm cable to 3.5mm is completely fine however not the other way around.

ddHifi adapter sound good and add a little bit more impedance.
Converting a 4.4mm cable to 3.5mm is completely fine however not the other way around.

ddHifi adapter sound good and add a little bit more impedance.

The opposite is also acceptable. But only in the case of a balanced 4-pin 3.5 jack, which is found, for example, on the QLS QA-361.

P/S/ I ordered myself an SR5. I hope they can be more interesting than my Dunu Talos.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #2,454 of 2,490
Recently received my DTE900 and they sound terrific. Stock cable seems fine, maybe the "body" of the sound is slightly on the thinner side, but otherwise the cable seems good. The DTE900 seems slightly tip sensitive, but I found the Spiral Dot++ to sound the most dynamic and clear. Dunu Velvet adds some warmth and slightly more bass, but softens the details a bit and pushes the stage a little further out. Similarly, the Spinfit W1 adds bass impact and retains almost the same detail level as the Spiral Dot++, but the stage is slightly more compressed and the imaging suffers a bit. Overall, the Spiral Dot++ are the ticket for me.

Perhaps I will do some cable rolling in the future, but for now I'm satisfied. One of the clearest IEMs I've heard while maintaining a strong bass foundation. Nothing really seems out of place. A welcome addition to my collection.

May 1, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #2,456 of 2,490
Hi, I like to hear what y'all think which iem is a better all rounder: sr8 or dte900?

For context, I usually listen to edm, pop, rap and r&b. Also, I prefer a warm relaxing iem that I can listen to for hours at mid-high volume.

Wanting a musical experience more than an analytical one.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #2,457 of 2,490
Hi, I like to hear what y'all think which iem is a better all rounder: sr8 or dte900?

For context, I usually listen to edm, pop, rap and r&b. Also, I prefer a warm relaxing iem that I can listen to for hours at mid-high volume.

Maybe SR7

May 1, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #2,458 of 2,490

Depends on what you prefer. The SR8 is more neautral one with amazing technicalities and lot of details. Its more mature iem perfect for classical, instrumental music but still a lot of fun for edm. In my case I like to use EQ but for SR8 there is hardly any customization needed. Its excellent iem. It especially shines in complex music. On the other side the DT900 is more on the fun side with still great amount of details and good soundstage. In terms of tunning the DTE900 is more U shaped comparing to the SR8. The SR8 excels in technical departement and in my case its the #1 iem for me but both are extremely good ones.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #2,460 of 2,490
Depends on what you prefer. The SR8 is more neautral one with amazing technicalities and lot of details. Its more mature iem perfect for classical, instrumental music but still a lot of fun for edm. In my case I like to use EQ but for SR8 there is hardly any customization needed. Its excellent iem. It especially shines in complex music. On the other side the DT900 is more on the fun side with still great amount of details and good soundstage. In terms of tunning the DTE900 is more U shaped comparing to the SR8. The SR8 excels in technical departement and in my case its the #1 iem for me but both are extremely bood ones.
Gotcha. I looked into the squig graph and it seems the dte900 has more bass and treble than the sr8. I know graphs aren't everything but unfortunately there's no way to demo where I'm from. But thx for the thorough explanation, will keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back