Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 4, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,082 of 2,519
A comparative bargain, ey? Make sure to roll through your tips. Clarions are pretty good for enhancing air but you might find Tenmak Whirlwinds offer better staging depth.
I did try these and you are correct. They do in fact help with some depth and layering. Thank you for the…Tip…😃

May 4, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #1,083 of 2,519
All I've found are the Azla and the ones that come with the AUR IEMs. New Penon are also big. What else?
Won't be long and the 15mm Penon Orange tip will be there. When I got the OG Penon Fan it came with a set of really big 15mm tips. Biggest I've seen. I bought a few more sets from Penon Maybe they still have some. I know how you feel. Some of us have bloody big ear-holes.

May 4, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,084 of 2,519
Can u make comparison your SR8 and Phnix LE ? which one has better technicality in term of detail , soundstage and imaging?
I haven’t really compared them yet. I compared one track yesterday and the Phonix Le has a wider soundstage with better depth and height and much better imaging than RS8. Timbre and tonality is also more nuanced with Phonix Le, where SR8 is pretty full throttle, everything at once as someone here said recently.

The details on SR8 are also more in your face. Everything is there for you to hear, very clear and somewhat transparent with great texture.

Phonix LE has texture but is smoother than RS8. All the details with Phonix LE are there but not in your face. It has better control with dynamic contrasts.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #1,086 of 2,519
Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #1,087 of 2,519
SR8.jpg

May 4, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #1,088 of 2,519
The BlackSoul cable is starting to grow on me. I will use this for some time now.
I actually just got back to the BlackSoul+TRN tips combo with my SR5 and it's way more musical this way.
I commend my PWA Cooper28 v2 to my Tanchjim Oxygen and it pairs very nice with it 😊.
Meanwhile I will be waiting for the Altea to se how it pairs with the SR5 🙏

May 5, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #1,092 of 2,519
Until the end of the ear I will probably buy 2 of this 3 -> SR8 | Neon Pro | DTE500... And you will be the first one to compare them :wink:

@Leonarfd you also have the SR8 and the Neon Pro right?

Sorry no, but my friend @s2kphile have. He has had his Neon Pro out for a tour, he have it back again now. Just give him some time and he probably have some insight 😊

From what I have read, both can be owned and have different sound for you. Due to the switches the SR8 have more versatility, still SR8 can never be Neon Pro. Ultimate detail also goes to SR8, but here we talk about the upper tier of detail in both sets.

Neon Pro is a slight U shape with some warmth in the mids, NP with switch on also gets some extra mid bass warmth if you prefer that. As I understand SR8 is more neutral, and then changes according to the switches.
I'm currently listening to the NP right now. And I remember how special this IEM is. Its masterfully tuned with bass down low and energy up top which makes a U-Shaped sound but dont get it twisted as the mids are laser focused and does not slack behind the bass or treble; as a result, I find it more musical than the SR8 overrall but where the SR8 exceeds is it resolving details and neturality. The switches which @tgx78 post an FR graph shows the versatility and capabilities of said IEM. SR8 is optimize for majority of genres where is the NP is more suited for energy, rock, metal, etc.

You cannot go wrong with either IEM as they perform beautifully. Its really up to users taste and what they want in an IEM.

May 5, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #1,093 of 2,519
strong smoothing of the FR graph harms information content and confused

May 5, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #1,094 of 2,519
I actually just got back to the BlackSoul+TRN tips combo with my SR5 and it's way more musical this way.
I commend my PWA Cooper28 v2 to my Tanchjim Oxygen and it pairs very nice with it 😊.
Meanwhile I will be waiting for the Altea to se how it pairs with the SR5 🙏
Should I order Azla Max tips for my SR5?

May 5, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #1,095 of 2,519
Had a chance to try the SR8 with the iBasso DX300...kicks like an ox with Chinese drums. Love it! It really demonstrates a competitive DD-like impact with right the source and power. Using the Amp11 (Mk1) there is an audible noise floor, which to some degree I can forgive given that it's such a low impedance monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back