Soundmagic P30, badly matched drivers?
Dec 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TMC

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, as most of you I've been reading a lot on the massive portable headphone shootout before my purchase. In the end I went with the Soundmagic P30. I just received them today and noticed there's a clear unbalance right out of the box, as the left driver is clearly louder than the right. I've bought quite a few headphones before and never had this issue out of the box, is there anyone who own the P30 that noticed this when they're new? I'm letting them burn-in now but maybe they're simply defective?

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 5
I've let them play overnight and it's better now, but still it's slightly louder to the left, I have a rockboxed Clip and with the balance function if I set it to 3% louder to the right it sounds just right. I'll let them play one more day and shoot an e-mail to soundmagic and see if they've got any ideas.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Any update? I've deciding between these, AKG K450's, and Audio Technica ES55's. I was leaning toward the P30's, but I'm not too sure... The ES55's are the least portable, and I don't like that each cup has a cord coming from it. The K450's a little pricey, and the detachable cable might wear out.

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 5
I was just unlucky and got a defective pair. Got them replaced now and I'm enjoying them. I was thinking about K518 or the P30, but the portability of the P30 won. I can fold them and put them in my jacket pocket which is most probably not possible with the K518.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back