SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Jun 18, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #646 of 1,133

Seem genuine to me... bought a pack in an official retail shop that bears the distributor's sticker and the blister pack looks exactly like yours except it's yellow (large size).

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #647 of 1,133
Nothing in an authentic Spinft tip actually `spins`, despite what their idiotic English advertising says.  Each tip is a single compound with a translucent white or grey bell fused to a colored inner sound tube.  They are fused together and the bell does not spin or have `360 degree rotation` as their ad states.  The soundtube has a flexible joint, which allows the bell to fit better in (many) people`s ears.  Their advertising should say `180 degree deflection` or `180 degree flexibility`.  

Real Spinfits are made in Taiwan by an OEM maker and sold with various color combos and under various model names, and in two nozzle diameters and 4 sizes, with extra small being either `XS` or `SS`.  

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #648 of 1,133
Nothing in an authentic Spinft tip actually `spins`, despite what their idiotic English advertising says.  Each tip is a single compound with a translucent white or grey bell fused to a colored inner sound tube.  They are fused together and the bell does not spin or have `360 degree rotation` as their ad states.  The soundtube has a flexible joint, which allows the bell to fit better in (many) people`s ears.  Their advertising should say `180 degree deflection` or `180 degree flexibility`.  

Real Spinfits are made in Taiwan by an OEM maker and sold with various color combos and under various model names, and in two nozzle diameters and 4 sizes, with extra small being either `XS` or `SS`.  

Thank you for excellent info!

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #649 of 1,133
Thanks, it looks like mine are genuine, then. They certainly give an excellent (and easy) seal with the Flare R2As. I used to use Complys, but the seal on the right IEM kept breaking. The SpinFits give a similar sound to the Complys (when they are in properly). Flare's own silicones alter the sound too much for my taste.

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #650 of 1,133

Thank you for excellent info!

As Dopaminer precisely and correctly explained, there is nothing that really "spins" or "rotates".

From my picture below, you should be able to get the working principle of the SpinFit tips.

If one has got quite bent (and probably narrow as well) ear canals as quite some people do, the SpinFit tips might work as advertised and improve the sound.
For me however (I have got pretty wide and also straight ear canals), there are only two or three in-ears that don't fit well/that don't give me a good insertion angle where the SpinFit tips work well and and as advertised. For the vast majority of IEMs however, the result I am getting with SpinFit tips is not that positive and mostly the opposite of what is advertised.
So in the end, all comes down to one's personal ear anatomy.

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #652 of 1,133
i have have spinfits... they are awesome.

I just got some for use with my Angie (II). I love the sound of the supplied Comply foamies but I can't get that tip-type to stay put in (one of) my ear-canals. The OEM (as well as other "standard" ) silicon tips didn't give me any seal to speak of so I was pretty much thinking I'd have to live with the Complys. As a last-ditch effort, I ordered the SpinFits and voila, silcon that seals like foamies, "almost" delivers the same LF and (for better or worse), seems to increase the HF getting to my ears.

I'm of course assuming you are working with the same combo given your avatar? What were you using before the SpinFits?

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #653 of 1,133
  I'm happy to hear some people are having success with the SpinFits. I've tried three different pair (on Angies) and I can't get a proper seal for the life of me.  I'm guessing it might likely be the design of the IEM rather than the tips.  If I press against the IEM while listening it seals, but as soon as I take my hands away the bass disappears.  I've tried the model recommended for the Angie in each size, and nothing I do makes it seal nearly as well as the Comply.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Sorry to hear it. As I mentioned above, I have them for my Angies and they fit better than everything else I've tried so far. Believe it or not I use different sizes* for each ear (-canal) to get the very best fit possible.
Now regarding the change in sonic signature - that's another story and the jury's still out on that since I've only been using them for one day.

*FWIW - I have channel-balance tracks etc. and there is no difference so that changing the size of the "dome" does not have any obvious side-effect. The better seal I get by doing so is much more important than any potential micro differences in channel balance. 

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #655 of 1,133

... I have them for my Angies and they fit better than everything else I've tried so far. Believe it or not I use different sizes* for each ear (-canal) to get the very best fit possible...

And here they are in action
ksc75smile.gif

27332897773_341b597ae4_c.jpg

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #656 of 1,133
I just bought a set of medium cp800`s for my Westone UM 50 Pro`s and I can`t seem to get a good fit. I tried them with a set of klipsch x10`s and Fischer DBA-02 Mkii`s and both fit perfectly, but when using them with the Westones they don`t seal, they feel kinda like the tips are collapsing into themselves, I just can`t get the right angle, any ideas?

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #657 of 1,133
I just bought a set of medium cp800`s for my Westone UM 50 Pro`s and I can`t seem to get a good fit. I tried them with a set of klipsch x10`s and Fischer DBA-02 Mkii`s and both fit perfectly, but when using them with the Westones they don`t seal, they feel kinda like the tips are collapsing into themselves, I just can`t get the right angle, any ideas?

Purchase other sizes of the CP800 and try that out. If that doesn't work for you, then you have a multitude of other choices such as (and not limited to), JVC Spiral Dots, Penon Audio gray and red tips (I use those on my Andromeda), and the Westone sample pack (5 different sizes of silicone and foam tips). If those options still don't work for you, you can look into getting a custom tip adapter such as the Westone UM56.

Good luck!

Jun 28, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #658 of 1,133

I had the same problem with over ear IEM's using the spinfits on trinity phantom sabres and your description is identical to what happened to me.  They could seal at a very shallow insertion, but it was too shallow for IEM's to stay in.  when i put them in sufficiently the seal was lost and it seemed like in wrinkled up or collapsed as you say.  trying a larger size might help.  I didn't have a larger size at the time so i had to switch back to normal eartips.

I used the larges and was disappointed this happened.  The silicone was very thin compared to other eartips i have used.

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #659 of 1,133
Ok so I listened to the cp100 tips on my Xba h3 and my Mdr 7550 and the results are in!

The spinfits (at least the cp100) "change" the sound for sure but not necessarily for the better. On the Xba h3 I use the spiral dot tips as my go to and they greatly increase midrange presence and reduce mid bass, the spinfits almost sound like the Sony hybrid tips but more thin and even more v shaped. They recess the midrange a lot! But they do have a decent soundstage

On the Mdr 7550 the spinfits sound like crap. So far nothing works on these but the Sony hybrid, I think they're maxed out from the factory. I'm waiting on ortofon tips to see if they give the Mdr 7550 some more treble without ruining anything but I'm not going to get my hopes up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back