SR60i grattle :C
Jun 14, 2011 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blufox4900

100+ Head-Fier
With my bass heavy songs (especially my brother's psytrance) I noticed a slight buzz sound in the right drivers when a hard bass note slams. I tried the methods you guys mentioned here from blowing the cups gently to sucking the drivers to even opening up the headphones and cleaning it out (I found some hair but the grattle is still there). It's not the pads because it's still present when I remove the pads. These are modded headphones so I'm pretty sure they're out of grado's warrenty. Most of my music plays fine except for the bass heavy songs at moderately high volumes. Is there any way I can fix these? 

Jun 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 6
It might be just the music

most bass heavy song are like:
HJFR:OJBNPOuIOFNb PUINFCPIObPDCIOUB!~!!!

so there might be something the driver skips over and rattles. If the driver housing is secure, and the body is tight it's just the song.

Lower your bass setting in the EQ and let those Grados run wild, they are not meant to be used in that manner.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 6
Don't play your music absurdly loud, this is both damaging to the headphone drivers (permanent but headphones can be repaired / replaced) and your inner ear (permanent and you will have to live with the hearing damage and tinnitus for the rest of your life).

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 6
It's not usually past the 12 o clock position on the udac2 when the grattle starts. I'll try the EQ settings, though. Like I said, it only happens with the very bass heavy music like my bro's psytrance stuff. 

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Some hairs are difficult to spot, and even a very small one can make the rattle. I had one on my Dt770 that was never able to see, but eventually it stopped so I guess it moved by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back