SRH440 with 840 pads?
Dec 31, 2012 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Supremacy

New Head-Fier
I've been using my SRH440 for nearly a year now. Music sounds excellent. However, my Shures aren't always comfortable. My stock pads are worn down and cracked. I searched here and heard that the 840 pads would be a good fit and a comfort upgrade over the stock pads.

So I searched head-fi and I found out that the 840 pads would increase the comfort tenfold, boost the bass a bit, and dull the treble.

My question is - would the sound quality of the SRH440 be better off with new SRH440 pads, or new 840 pads?

EDIT: I mainly listen to EDM, dubstep, and old school rap. However, I listen to pretty much anything that sounds good.

Side note - I'm new here. Please don't hurt me.
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Forgot to mention, but I have searched. I do know they will be a bit bassier, and a bit warmer. My question was about whether or not the SRH440s will sound better with 840 pads or 440 pads, however.

Sorry to be rude. Just trying to seek out my question.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 4
It will be up to you, if you'd like a warmer and bassier sound then go ahead. If not stay stock.
I put 840 pads to my M50's, the sound improved because I liked how it came out not because the sound is actually better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back