STAX SR-Ω (SR-Omega) '' The Legendary OMEGA ''
Dec 26, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #35 of 258
Can you say anything more about it? I think we would all like any details you are able to share.

Engineering director Takagi said, "I want to resurrect mesh stator. We can finally get high tension(or solidness) with thin mesh. But I'm no idea how much it will cost", in a magazine(Pemium Headphone Guide, 2018-05-17, p.127).

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #42 of 258
maybe tomorrow I will be visiting a friend who just got a pair of STAX Omegas- dont know too much about them will keep everyone informed-
I am brining my Kennerton Wodans look like this:
IMG_4336.jpg

and next week I should have the Thekks that look like this to compare to the Stax Omega's
thekk-Maple-stabilized-900x900.jpg

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #43 of 258
Depends on what amps you pair it with, my 009 and T2 sound nothing like what you just mentioned, not even close
Problem in about 90% of scenario where people finally able to afford to purchase the SR-009.
But have no way to squeeze out more pennies to pair it with a decent energizer.

Nov 9, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #44 of 258
Can anyone confirm this, found it while googling the net.

Regarding the structure and design of the SR-Ω
Stax went the whole way here, i.e. created a new converter from scratch. Interestingly, the driver comes in two variants - the earlier one, with an aluminum stator, and the later one, where aluminum was replaced with epoxy resin. The change was reportedly related to the difficulty in properly connecting the stator with the mesh and diaphragm. The electrode mesh itself is made of pure copper coated with gold, and the diaphragm is made of a polymer with a thickness of 1.5 µm.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #45 of 258
1. Metal guard mesh, black
2. Dust cover, polymer film
3. Cartwheel-shaped fixation/support disc
4. Gold-plated copper mesh stator
5. Diaphragm, 1.5 micron polymer film
6. Gold-plated copper mesh stator
7. Cartwheel-shaped fixation/support disc
8. Dust cover, polymer film
9. Metal guard mesh, black

To clear things up, this is how the transducer is constructed.
In a few late pairs the fixation disc has been made of aluminium instead of plastic, that is what keeps the copper mesh flat.
And there has been a change regarding the diaphragm during production, but whether it had to do with the improving the ability to hold tension, moistureproofing etc. one can only speculate...the thickness of 1.5µ has not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back