Stepping up from ATH-M50's
Jun 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TunneLVisioN42

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for something that is not a Radical change in sound signature, I got some money to burn and I am looking to hear from others that have stepped up from the M50's and what they purchased, I am thinking about getting some Beyerdynamics? cant decide which, I guess it is also worth noting out of curiosity I ordered some of the superlux HD 668's and I thought they sounded great except for the unbearable treble on the high end at higher volumes other than that no problems but like I said I am looking to step up not down.
L3000.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 10
What price range are you looking at?

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 10
300 is the absolute highest I'd say

Btw I listen to alot of Vocals/Violin/Piano/Drum & Bass/Acoustic Guitar, Ill also be gaming with the new cans.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 10
Jun 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 10
I myself have loved my M50's, but I've pre-ordered the AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio's as my next headphone. I loved the TMA-1 Originals, but their highs were too rolled off, even though they had amazing bass impact. The studios seem to be - based on early reviews - a much more balanced version of those acclaimed headphones with an around-ear design. That means, that if nothing else, it's a direct step up from any of the ATH-M50 revisions. (black box, white box..)

I'm moving onto them without a second thought, myself.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 10
Woah those cans have some character I like how they look when are they hitting the market?

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Woah those cans have some character I like how they look when are they hitting the market?

You can pre-order them now at the AIAIAI site (aiaiai.dk) or ghostly international (discounted US price + free shipping @ ghostly.com)

They're being released on the 20th, but some have leaked into american Best Buy stores - hence the early reviews, like this one.

They have much better bass than the M50's, and apparently the highs and mids are now tuned to match, as well as them feeling amazingly comfortable - according to that review.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 10
Very interested, although because there isn't that much known about them at the moment I think I'll wait for a year and then check them out, Looking for something tried and true for now so I know what to expect but I definitely wont forget about those.

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 10
Anyone else have some suggestions?

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 10
There's always the Sony MDR-Z1000, which is quite a fine upgrade to the M50. I find it to be an exceptional headphone and I currently have one FS in the FS Forum. Check out this review comparing the M50 and Z1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back