Stereo Integrated Amplifier NAD vs yamaha
May 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mohamad Itani

New Head-Fier
I just bought a yamaha CA-V2 amp for my speakers (tannoy pbm 6.5 II)
and the seller just offered me to exchange it on a NAD 304 for free. Is it a good upgrade or downgrade?
i just listen to music casually, music source on ipod classic 5.5 generation line out (bypassing the ipods AMP).
And most of the times i use my stereo integrated amp as a headphone amplifier, currently using Shure srh 940 and sennheiser hd598 cs.

question 1: is it an upgrade from the yamaha?
question 2: do these work good as headphones amp or should i buy a standalone one?
question 3: thinking of getting a DT 770 80 or 250 ohms, is it an upgrade over srh 940 and hd 598 cs?

alot of questions :D
thanks for you help

May 15, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 4
The Yamaha CA-V2 is the European version of the CA 410ll AFAIK.
You might want to check this link out and decide for yourself if its an upgrade or not.

The NAD will sound warmer than the detailed sound of the Yamaha. Whether thats an upgrade or not really is up to your personal preferences. Personally I'd keep the Yamaha,but thats just me.

EDIT: when using vintage receivers as headphone amps,you want higher ohm rated headphones,so in this case,I'd suggest the 250 ohm DT770 over the 80ohm version.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 4
The Yamaha CA-V2 is the European version of the CA 410ll AFAIK.
You might want to check this link out and decide for yourself if its an upgrade or not.

The NAD will sound warmer than the detailed sound of the Yamaha. Whether thats an upgrade or not really is up to your personal preferences. Personally I'd keep the Yamaha,but thats just me.

EDIT: when using vintage receivers as headphone amps,you want higher ohm rated headphones,so in this case,I'd suggest the 250 ohm DT770 over the 80ohm version.

what about the headsets?
i already have hd598 cs and shure srh 940and the bass is minimal on those headsets especially the Shures, so would a DT770 suite me better?

May 15, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 4
what about the headsets?
i already have hd598 cs and shure srh 940and the bass is minimal on those headsets especially the Shures, so would a DT770 suite me better?

If you like a lot of bass and treble,then sure. I have no experience with your headphones,but used to own the DT770.

If your Yamaha has a loudness button that will help with the bass too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back