Stop using DHL, ibasso!
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #16 of 93
yep standard practise from dhl.

they have done that to me several times so now i just dont order from companys that use them. once i sat waiting looking out my front window waiting for my phone to arrive from hong kong. tracked it online as it cam round the planet quick smart. then it got to edinburgh. where they didint deliver it as they claimed there was no answer, ******** i was sat in front of the front window all day waiting. then the next day that buggers did the exact same thing, i was furious.

the day after that i went to their depot and collected it and swore id never intentionally give them money ever again. but since then i have had them do exactly the same thing again. i think if the drivers are busy they just say they couldnt deliver it and thats it.

no card means they never even showed up.

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #17 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think if the drivers are busy they just say they couldnt deliver it and thats it.

no card means they never even showed up.

thats exactly it, if they are too busy and dont get to me on a particular day, fine, absolutely no issues with that, I used to be a driver so I understand how it can go with traffic, multi drops, held up at customers, new directions and pick ups from head opffice etc, but to basically lie because they can't be arsed being honest... absolutely not good enough.

I have massive issues with bs'ers if you can't tell.

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #18 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats exactly it, if they are too busy and dont get to me on a particular day, fine, absolutely no issues with that, I used to be a driver so I understand how it can go with traffic, multi drops, held up at customers, new directions and pick ups from head opffice etc, but to basically lie because they can't be arsed being honest... absolutely not good enough.

I have massive issues with bs'ers if you can't tell.

+1. I would have been content with a honest answer. With businesses I value honesty more than anything else. Lack of it is just total unprofessionalism and irks me greatly.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #19 of 93
For what it is worth, I made two orders from iBasso and didn't have any problems with DHL delivery.

But, the package was a mess with my D10. The box was all beat up. I don't know if this was from DHL or iBasso.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #22 of 93
Checked the DHL tracking number and my D10 came into UK Depot on Tuesday and I'm still waiting delivery. Phoned them up and they've LOST IT!!!!! They are looking for it but what worries me is they've got the value down as $15 (yes I know thats to get passed customs) - there could be trouble ahead.

JB

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #24 of 93

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #26 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by exmachina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys. What's the contact number/email of iBasso in Hong Kong? I'm thinking of getting an amp from them. Thanks.

iBasso has great service. yes, I agree DHL sucks!! I did get my package quick. China to my door in California in 2 days from placing order. But, I was a little worried when I opened the plastic DHL envelop to discover a smashed box. Fortunately the contents inside were not harmed. Love my iBasso D2 BOA.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #30 of 93
I've had horror stories with all of the carriers.

USPS is better for me, because they try to deliver once, leave a note, and then it stays at my local post office until I go there to pick it up (usually the same evening). It doesn't keep going back and forth on the truck. The only bad thing with them is the inability to do any real time tracking.

I used to get parts from my company sent FedEx 10 a.m. to be able to fix the company's machines and instruments at our accounts in the field. We couldn't afford to wait around all day to get the customer up and running, so we paid through the nose.
Countless times I would be at the account, checking the tracking number on the web, seeing it say "Customer Not Available" or "Business Closed" (we're talking huge banking and financial institutions with dedicated docks and shipping/receiving workers). It would go back to the hub and wouldn't be delivered until the next day.
My friend who was a driver for them, told me that they, like everyone else were rated on their performance, in this case "on-time" performance, and if they couldn't make it by 10 a.m. they would pull a CYA and lie, at the customer's expense. This is what happens when companies run lean, and put impossible expectations on their employees.

Creative writing becomes actively deployed!

Frustrating...but a reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back