Sub 300 euro headphones that will work great on my Fiio E07k
Apr 17, 2013 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Laubotje

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi!

I'm kind of new to this kind of thing so first off I'll tell how I got here:

A year ago I heard about the Beats hype and I was sold. I was used to budget headphones and earbuds in the 20 euros price range and was convinced that Beats by Dr Dre was the best option out there, because hey, why would dr dre lie to me, haha? I was even going to buy a pair until some guy said that there were much better options out there, so I started looking on the internet for sub 200 euro headphones. After some googling I ended up on this site, I did alot of lurking and since alot of people recommend the M50s I ended up picking up a pair of those. They sounded great, but my soundcard didn't do them justice. So i ended up spending 80 euro on a DAC. I went for the E07K Andes, which has a built in AMP too. 
But now I feel like I should buy some better headphones.

Tl;dr: I need some great sub 300 euro headphones that will outmatch the M50s and do my AMP/DAC justice

Oh and it doesn't matter what brand as long as their highs are smooth and there is high quality bass and soundstage
I know most open back headphones have better soundstage but I'd prefer a closed back one.

Genres I listen to:
Electronic (I prefer IDM, ambient, drone, future-garage, experimental)
Rock (shoegaze, progressive rock, krautrock, post-punk)
Hip-hop (Instrumental hip-hop, rap)

thanks in advance!

Greeting from Belgium,

Laurens

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello!

Look no where else, AKG K550! They are cold sounding but since you have the warmish amp, it will fix that and make it more awesome! Bass quality are excellent but quantity hmmm.... But still, ur amp should be able to boost it. The mids are nicely detailed and highs are EXTREMLY clear XD it offer great clarity!

Hope this help!
Billson :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back