suggest an all rounder to mistreat (IEM)
Jul 29, 2022 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pietrone

Head-Fier
Hi fellow music lovers

I am not looking for un upgrade today
I have a A&K and the p1s, but now I am looking for something to listen to music while travelling that does not require a powful source (still, if it gains from the ak or the cyrrus dac all the better)

Anyway, I would use it travelling so it needs a bit of bas although not too much but I listen to fast music like djent (ERRA, periphery, animals as leaders, haken) and jazzy kinda like Tigran Hamasyan, Shubh Saran and Joshua redman
Let's say sub100€ so I can mistreat it and buyable in EU

What do you suggest?? A good daily driver basically, balance but good for noisy trains and planes and good for my metal <3

thanks

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Etymotic ER2XR? Foam tips and flange tips will easily block half of the outside noise if there's no music, and 90% if you start listening to music. Overall sound signature is slightly boosted bass.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Etymotic ER2XR? Foam tips and flange tips will easily block half of the outside noise if there's no music, and 90% if you start listening to music. Overall sound signature is slightly boosted bass.
thanks
do the ER2SE works too? It is the only one I find, bc otherwise there is only ER3 and above starting from 200€, at that price I might just buy the variations

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 5
thanks
do the ER2SE works too? It is the only one I find, bc otherwise there is only ER3 and above starting from 200€, at that price I might just buy the variations
The 2SE will require a bit of EQ to get a little more bass, as Etymotic's SE-labeled IEMs tend to be more neutral. Other than that, the 2SE and the 2XR are identical in form factor, so both will be equally isolating.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #5 of 5
If you have a friend in the US, they can get the Etymotic ER3XR from Adorama for $59 and ship it to you in Italy. That's a great bargain.

https://www.adorama.com/etyer3xr.html?emailPrice=t

But if Etymotics cost 200€, that's not worth it -- especially if they're going to get mistreated, because the cord is expensive to replace.

You should look at the Best Budget thread -- they keep up with affordable new releases. Current favorites seem to be Moondrop Aria, Reecho SG-01 Ova, CCA CRA, Heart Mirror, KZ EDA Balanced, Tripowin Olina, 7hz Dioko...lots of possibilities. The beginning of the thread has a lot of ratings; the end of it has the latest releases under discussion.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...l-ranking-list.805930/page-2022#post-17068191

And for supercheap, good-sounding (slightly bass-boosted but clear) and nearly disposable IEMS, the Sony MH750 is ridiculously cheap but ONLY from a reliable seller because there are lots of counterfeits.

Head-fi people have said this seller has real ones; see if they ship to Italy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304069747002

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back