Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep
Mar 4, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 22
@Unit 

you will get easily confused here but just notice how noone is recommending the headphones you have chosen based on your desires. Except for the UE6000 above. 

maybe go for those or something totally not on your list. For EDM you need BASS. and the ones you mentioned aren't ideal. 

When you pull the trigger report back to us so we can stop overwhelming you with ideas. So far you have two votes for the m-audio q40 with different pads. and you can get your self a portable amp with the extra money. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 22
ATH M50s are a reliable choice with quite good sound for the price range. They are a perennial favorite for a reason. Hard to go wrong.

UE6000 is a very strong value now that it is on clearance (~$99) due to its being discontinued.

If you are willing to consider an open alternative at slightly over your target price (~230), the Fidelio X1 is my personal favorite for dubstep at the moment, even unEQued - comfort is great and bass is excellent.  Even better with a CMoyBB with the bass boost on. The only annoying thing at that price is that the earpads are not replaceable.

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 22
V-MODA LP2 is $200, dark and bassy. You could also look at something like some standard Senn's with a cheap amp to make bass, and then turn it off for normal sound later on. I suggest you go to a store (i have one near me called Headphonic) and they let you demo all the headphones you want before buying.

ATH M50 are good because they're neutral, you amp them to how you want.

Welcome to the Basshead club.
So sorry about your wallet.

RT if u cri everytim

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #20 of 22
Mate, do yourself a favour and try the AT M40X for $99 USD. You won't be disappointed. Save $100 + for a better DAC/Amp or something. These are more neutral than the M50 (X), which has a slightly exaggerated bass.

Apr 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #22 of 22
Some headphones you should check out...
Velodyne vquiet (the only big problem is the treble roll off. Some bass emphasis and great noise cancelling if you need it. Its cheapest at walmart btw)

Creative aurvana live 2 (the only problem is isolation. Its below average for a closed headphone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back