Suggestions to upgrade from Denon AH-D1100 / with Fiio E10 ?
May 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

philippea

New Head-Fier

Hello everybody !

I currently own the AH-D1100 from Denon and I'm now ready to upgrade to a better headphone. I was really interest by the D2000 but the isolation and the fact that they could leak a little bit made me change my mind. I mostly use my headphones at work in a open space area, so I need a good isolation and no leak to respect my coworkers.

So here is the question, which headphones would you suggest to upgrade from the D1100. Budget is between $300 and $350 and it will be use with a Fiio E10. Is anyone is in the same situation than me ? What did you choose ?

Thanks a lot !

May 1, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 7
It's tough for me not to suggest the d2k, as you said already that do not want these. Get them anyway. Isolation is not that bad and they pair well with the e10 and are under budget. The sound is fantastic.

If you must look at something else try the Beyer dt770.

gL!!

May 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 7

Thanks for your replies !

Is the Beyer DT770 is really an upgrade ? Or just an alternative to the D1100 ?

And I guess I should reconsider the AKG 550. I already tried them and found out that I prefer the sound of the D2000, but that was before I realized that the good isolation/no leakage was important for me. So I will try another shot.

Any other recommendations ?

May 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes, the dt770 is an upgrade. A really nice hp actually. The d1100 never really sounded right to me. The d2k does everything that d1100 set out to do, just better. The dt770 is good across the sound signature with good bass and treble. Just ever so slightly recessed mids. 

May 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 7
@MattTCG : And you think the D2000 have good isolation ? I have one coworker who sit 5 feet on my right side and he doesn't support leaking headphones. So I really don't want to bother him.

May 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Hello everybody !

I currently own the AH-D1100 from Denon and I'm now ready to upgrade to a better headphone. I was really interest by the D2000 but the isolation and the fact that they could leak a little bit made me change my mind. I mostly use my headphones at work in a open space area, so I need a good isolation and no leak to respect my coworkers.

So here is the question, which headphones would you suggest to upgrade from the D1100. Budget is between $300 and $350 and it will be use with a Fiio E10. Is anyone is in the same situation than me ? What did you choose ?

Thanks a lot !

Heya,

Beyer DT770
AKG K550

The D2000 is great, isolation is not super poor, but it's not as isolating as the above two.

All are big upgrades over the D1100.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back