Suitable amp for Denon ah-d7000?
May 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #46 of 53
I Own D7000 & looking for an AMP. any opion on signatures between Peachtree nova or WA-6SE. I read u like the denon sound. trying to get the most out of mine.

Oregonian?
Ahzari?

Thanks for your help.

May 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #47 of 53
The AH-D 7000s are a set of headphones I have used as my primary set for about 4 years.

I was surprised to see a recommendation of the Woo 3 as the Denons don't really work with that amp that well. You can listen at a moderately low volume but anywhere past the 10 o'clock area the bass completely falls apart.

Even though the Denons can be fairly easy to drive the Woo 3 is a mismatch. The Woo 5 LE is great but not in the running here do to budget restraints. I fathom they would sound pretty good with a Woo 6 but have not heard the combo.

They actually sound pretty good out of the Nuforce Icon. I actually really like the sound. I have not head them with an HDP but I think I would maybe like it.

The Denons actually sound OK straight out of of an iPod IPad or iPhone. The strangest thing I use is a Zoom g3 guitar effects DAW interface which actually sounds pretty good with em. Not perfect or a flat response but a qwerky and fun sound that you can listen to all day. I was listening to the Nirvana DTS of Nevermind all day today and the system scaled up with it.

I'm going to subscribe to this thread as I am interested in what folks say about the Schiit amps paired with the Denon AH-D 7000s.

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #48 of 53
Update.

Found an Asgard 1 at a good price and it turns out to be a nice mixture with the AHD 7000s. Depending on source color it may be a little spiky in the highs.

Bass is tight and controlled. Somehow the combo does scale with different sources. My main source is a CD player and it is very listenable for long periods.

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #49 of 53
Anyone else using vintage amps with these gems? 

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #51 of 53
I used one of the old Headroom Ultimate Desktop Amps with the external power supply.  These have fallen out of favor around here.  It was a really nice dac/amp combo and a sweet pair with the D7000.  Every once in a while one pops up at a decent price.

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #52 of 53
Dead Thread, but I would still like to add a link to another thread on this forum that seems to be disclosing this topic quite extensively:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619181/list-opinion-amp-recommendations-for-fostex-denon-headphones

/masterbrood

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #53 of 53
Thanks for the link -- I will add to this historic thread that they sound amazing fed from vintage speaker amps.  That bass with the tone controls and loudness circuits sounds fantastic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back