Summer Job Suggestions?
Apr 4, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 31
Talents,interests, etc?

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 31
Electronics chains (i.e Best Buy, Circuit City) usually have decent pay.

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electronics chains (i.e Best Buy, Circuit City) usually have decent pay.

I make $13 an hour doing Firedog for Circuit City, I am A+ certified though.

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 31
Look for a government sponsored job. I got paid $17 an hour to answer phones, which would ring about once per hour. It was cake.

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #7 of 31
If you're at all useful with computers and can read and write english you should be able to cram for the A+ test tonight and ace it tomorrow. That'll get your foot in the door for firedog, geek squad, etc.

It's important to cram for it, because sometimes the 'correct' answer on the test is something useless or misleading or both, that someone with first-hand knowledge would answer 'wrong'.

Don't do front-line telephone customer service if you value your soul.

I hear that car stereo installation aint a bad job if you can get it. There's a certification for that, too.

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #8 of 31
drug dealer or a prostitute

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 31
Buy a freighter, and find some natural born Saudi Arabians. Natural born Saudi Arabians get gallons of gas free from the Saudi Arabian government (not unlimited, but definetly a lot), and smuggle it back to the U.S.

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
drug dealer or a prostitute

Why not both?

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #11 of 31
Get one that really sucks. Then you'll appreciate the importance of working hard in school and (with luck) landing something you really like after you get out of school.

Oh my God. I sound like my dad.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 31
Better advice: These years of limited responsibility and mooching off your parents are too few.

Get a reasonably easy job with people you like working with, and enjoy your damn summer. You won't have the opportunity again.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #13 of 31
Get a night stocking job with Kroger, they will definitely teach you the meaning of hard, hard (crapty) work.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a night stocking job with Kroger, they will definitely teach you the meaning of hard, hard (crapty) work.

Screw that, find a store that will employ you as a facer.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #15 of 31
A facer? You mean conditioning? The night crew does all of the conditioning themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back