Super Tips required for the Monster turbine copper in-ears?
Sep 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

borgqueenx

New Head-Fier
I got a offer from someone to buy the coppers refurbished for only 150 dollar(through official monster ebay store)

they dont come with retail packaging, super tips and ear hooks.

Im wondering if the super tips are a requirement? will i miss bass or something when i use the other ones supplied by monster?

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 11
Sep 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
I got a offer from someone to buy the coppers refurbished for only 150 dollar(through official monster ebay store)

they dont come with retail packaging, super tips and ear hooks.

Im wondering if the super tips are a requirement? will i miss bass or something when i use the other ones supplied by monster?

Thanks!

Supertips are not required, but tend to have a good seal.  Comply Foam tips will work, but can sacrifice treble in favor of a fuller seal.  The best thing to do is to test any tips you may have (that fit the Copper nozzle size).  Then go from there.  Shure Olives (foam) are also a direction to go foam-wise, but again, they can compramise a few things.  Play around.  You can purchase super tips, but they are a bit expensive.  Each tip type will alter sound differently.  Some headphones are extremely sensitive to tip selection (and seal) like the W4, others aren't.  

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 11
Have you actually tried monster super tips? 

Sure have...

Bought a set from a Member the last part of July or the first part of August.

Great Quality, But, They don't breath like the Comply Foam Tips do.

Jim

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 11
Well good for you then, I personally find the comply foam to be very unspectacular and worse in almost every way in comparison to Olives and Supertips (gel and foam).

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #7 of 11
I realy dont like that those comfy foams for their price cant be used such a long time while others lasts alot more.

I probaly buy the sony hybrids for the monster coppers, heard good things about those too...or is that a bad idea?^^

and another thing...i have waxy ears:/ how will i clean the earphones if some wax slips on top of the iem? Ofcource prevention is better, i know. But with me its kinda hard situation, dont wanna get into details lol.

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 11
I realy dont like that those comfy foams for their price cant be used such a long time while others lasts alot more.
I probaly buy the sony hybrids for the monster coppers, heard good things about those too...or is that a bad idea?^^
and another thing...i have waxy ears:/ how will i clean the earphones if some wax slips on top of the iem? Ofcource prevention is better, i know. But with me its kinda hard situation, dont wanna get into details lol.

I think you will really like the Monster Super Tips then.

But as far as the Comply Foam Tips being expensive? Well I just bought 120 pair at about a $1.33 a pair. Not very expensive at all.

Jim

Edit: Price per pair. Sorry for that.

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 11
Before I go on I will mention that I have used all these tips but never on a Monster IEM.
If you have waxy ears definitely don't buy complys they will only last you a week or two (that's about as long as mine lasted). Sony hybrids are good as well and will last a very very long time as they are silicon and are inexpensive. My favorite single flange tips are the Monster Tip gels they are really comfortable, get great seal and will last a really long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back