Superlux hd681 evo vs superlux hd668b
Jan 21, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 3
668b has more mid bass and bass with less on the high end and a slightly smaller soundstage.
681 and 668 have a sibilant quality to highs that makes their wide soundstage possible.
Vocals start out with a ssss when compared to more expensive $200+ headphones.

Efficient and can be used with phone or portable rig. Amp not needed. Pairs well with small inexpensive tube amps.

Light Classical and female vocals are excellent with these.

Jan 21, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 3
I've had both, the 668b is more V shaped with cheap velour pads I used at the time, like a less resolving DT990 with a ply of toilet paper to act as a comb filter on the driver and knock the treble down a bit which helped. I got a pair for I think $30 on closeout. If I had to do it right now, I'd buy what I'm currently listening to, the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 for $24. The Truthear Zero Red is twice is much, but you get a larger sound stage and extremely low bass distortion which is ideal for gaming and music in one package.
The reason I stopped using the Superlux 668b was they're so uncomfortable with the headband design. It's a really big issue after half an hour. If you really need headphones in that price range, I was really impressed by the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless which you can get on eBay from a liquidator for $30 with shipping open box. Don't install the software, set it to stereo and disable Windows enhancements. You'll be surprised how good they sound, especially for vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back