SW-Xcape or RE0 with FiiO E7?
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sl3ight

New Head-Fier
I'm very close to making a decision on my portable setup, but just can't decide between the SW-Xcape and the RE0s. I'm going to be using a FiiO E7. Has anyone auditioned both of these IEMs with the E7? Is one headphone considered better than the other or is it completely a question of taste.

I listen to a pretty big range of music and like the idea of having a detail oriented IEM and the ability to increase the low end with the E7s bass boost.

This forum has taught me a lot, just decided to join a couple of days ago. Thanks.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 12
I can't compare between those 2 IEMs, but I can tell you that Xcape + E7 = awesome. The bass boost in E7 will make the Xcape's bass has more impact/body without any distortion, both have great synergy.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 12
If you like a detail oriented IEM, REO would be a good choice. It is a little thin in the lower end, but if you plan to use bass boost with your E7 it should be ok. I've heard great things about the Xcapes though, and I'm thinking of purchasing one myself.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks very much for the responses. I've had an unexpected increase in budget lol, so I can spend around $150 on the IEMs. I'm considering picking up TripleFi 10s on ebay. Would these be significantly better than the RE0s or Xcapes?

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 12
TF10 has different sound signature than RE0 and Xcape. I don't think it's a matter which is better but which sound signature suits you better.

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 12
Also, TF10 is a very tricky IEM. It is tough to get a good fit and without it, it sounds bad. While both RE0 and Xcape are less prone to fit issue. Just FYI.

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 12
Voicemaster, I totally agree with you 100%, many people have a hard time getting a good fit and seal on the TF10's. They're rather large and oddly shaped. I use them reversed, with the right ear piece in my left ear and the left ear piece in my right ear. I get a better fit, seal and they're much more comfortable for me that way. Once you get a good seal, the TF10's sound really good to me. They definitely have more low end than the REO's.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #9 of 12
I don't have $$$ to spend $80 on the E7.
Would the E3 suffice as an amp for the RE0 or Xcape?

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
I don't have $$$ to spend $80 on the E7.
Would the E3 suffice as an amp for the RE0 or Xcape?

If you don't have the money, just skip the amp and use it right out of you Sansa Fuze.

Quote:
Why not get the E5 which is the same exact thing as the E7 but without the DAC function.

Because it isn't the 'exact thing as the E7 but without the DAC function'. The opamp is different and so are the caps.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 12
I swear I remember reading somewhere that said the E5 and the standalone E7 amp are virtually the same. Maybe they meant in terms of sound quality or power output. I apologize for the mixup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back