Symphones "Magnum"
Aug 1, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 22
Hey Rhydon,

Can you describe the sonic differences/impressions that the Magnum has compared to the stock models? If possible, can you provide a frequency graph as well.

Would there be differences between the different "Magnum" headphones - i.e. would a 325i Magnum sound different from a MS-2i Magnum?

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you describe the sonic differences/impressions that the Magnum has compared to the stock models? If possible, can you provide a frequency graph as well.

Why would a new chamber change the frequency response? Anyway, I think the only way that we can get an objective opinion and not some sensationalist fluff (which the advertiser seems prone to) will be from those who voluntarily purchase the product, sans incentive from Symphones (Not saying that that's going on at all).

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would a new chamber change the frequency response? Anyway, I think the only way that we can get an objective opinion and not some sensationalist fluff (which the advertiser seems prone to) will be from those who voluntarily purchase the product, sans incentive from Symphones (Not saying that that's going on at all).

The frequency response was more directed towards the mods/coating to the driver. And how is requesting a freq resp not an "objective opinion," seems more "objective" than having a one's subjective opinion in a review. Either way, I'm looking for information, pure and simple.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Why would a new chamber change the frequency response?

It does. If you're curious, there's a lot of information out there about how cabinet volume affects the frequency response of speakers. Check Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker Design Cookbook if you want to learn more. This is the same principle.

I don't have an opinion on this product, but changing the size of the chamber will change the frequency response.

Aug 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

^Thanks for the info, Uncle Erik. By the way, it's an extremely sexy looking mod.

Thank you LingLing,

We have updated the original post to reflect our return policy. This may answer some of your questions.

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 22
$200 is an extremely significant discount. I look forward to hearing some impressions on the Magnum.

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 22
Do you offer this service for the HF2s?

Also, once assembled, does opening up the driver (say for a recable) compromise the mod?

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you offer this service for the HF2s?

For now we're only offering it for the SR325 and MS2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, once assembled, does opening up the driver (say for a recable) compromise the mod?

Yes, we recommend any recabling be done by Symphones.

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 22
Although I am not interested in your product (Or Grado's in general), that's an epic looking site you have there. There's one minor flaw with it though: The text when you press 'procedure' or 'technology' that appears below that line, it's a little hard to read, a little bit dark on my (Rather nice) screen. That is all.

Good luck!

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For now we're only offering it for the SR325 and MS2.

That's a shame. Drop me a PM if you ever change your mind or need a pair to prototype
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #14 of 22
These are really nice and will definitely keep my ears open! If I had a pair of 325 I would do it in a heartbeat, the metal spindle makes them look like sexy futuristic HP-1000s! I am very excited to hear the reviews of this. I have never had a stock grado and with this kind of thing and the HF series I dont know if I ever will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back