T.I is Back. Anyone else excited?
Mar 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Pepsi

500+ Head-Fier
T.I.'s Official Website

I for one have been anticipating his return. Yes, some of his music are modern rap beats, but he does release some very lyrically inclining songs such as "live in the sky," "dead and gone" and "my life, your entertainment." He may not be a resemblance of tupac or biggie, but i love his rhythm, something about how him makes his rhymes comes out so smooth.
beyersmile.png

Mar 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 12
Great rapper, but hes very very lucky to be free somethings fishy there.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #3 of 12
Yeah, Stars do seem to get the lighter end of punishment, hence Paris Hilton. He was sentenced 1 year and a day. I think he was released 2 or 3 months early, don't quote me on that though, I'm just glad he's back in the studio. I'm sure he's written many verses in the slammer.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 12
I tried to get into T.I many times but i just can't, he is just really hit or miss for me but i will keep trying with his new album like i did with paper trail lol.

And anyone who has been a hop hop head for most of their lives knows Scarface is king of the south!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 12
For T.I. Check out Urban Legend, and King albums I think their his best. Paper Trail was a really good album to, he clears everything up and lets people know whats up.

And Scarface Vs. UGK for king of the south, to hard to decide i think.

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 12
^Agreed, Urban Legend was great, but King is definitely my favorite. If you follow him, you'd notice how he matures through each album. I really respect him for the person he's become today. I do agree through, scarface was around way before T.I. was T.I.. With that said, King of the South can go either way, who's king? imo it really doesn't matter, both their music is great. I'm just glad one of my fav rap artists is back in the business.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 12
I was a big fan of TI when King was out. A bit less now (i think he's gone a bit too much mainstream) but i still support him. His last single "Hell of a life" is dope. Urban Legend is a great album too indeed.

BTW Pepsi do you use your HD800 for hip-hop? I found it a bit too weak in the bass.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was a big fan of TI when King was out. A bit less now (i think he's gone a bit too much mainstream) but i still support him. His last single "Hell of a life" is dope. Urban Legend is a great album too indeed.

BTW Pepsi do you use your HD800 for hip-hop? I found it a bit too weak in the bass.

Yeah it is, i mainly use the HD800 for classical/vocal. I'm actually considering a new headphone, maybe the Grado PS-1000. I'll go towards actually making a decision once summer starts coming along.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yea, nothing special since i'm serious and trap muzik.

and yea, i want a lot of bass for some southern rap. i'm thinking getting pro-900 for southern rap. right now i'm using k181.

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #11 of 12
Well southern rap doesn't have that much bass IMO. It's more of a tight and fast bass, with a lot of snares. I think you need a fast headphone for that.
Some beats don't even have a bass to speak of (try "Beat without bass" from Lil Wayne
wink.gif
). Bass extension is crucial with a lot of beats though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back