T5P and 8200CDQ or CD6004?
May 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MartinT

New Head-Fier
Hi all...newbie here, so please be gentle! :wink:

I've recently pulled the trigger on a pair of Beyerdynamic T5p headphones, which should be with me shortly. I bought them mainly because I listen to a lot of music on iPod, but appreciate that the iPod is never going to get the best out of them. I was considering getting a Marantz CD6004 player, so that I could listen directly to my large collection CDs, but I've seen many great reviews for the Audiolab 8200CDQ. Problem is of course, the Marantz is about £260 and the Audiolab about £900. So, the question: is it worth saving up my pennies for the 8200CDQ, to really do justice to the T5p headphones, or would the Marantz be the way to go for good performance - all be it not as good - at less than a third of the price?

I should add that I like the all-in-one package of the CD6004 and 8200CDQ, and would not want to go down the CD player and separate amp route. Also, I wouldn't be connecting to speakers (well, not in the near future at least). I tend to listen to folky, acoustic type music and classical, although with a bit of rock thrown in here and there, so should that influence on my choice?

Many thanks for your help with this,

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back