Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
May 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #271 of 1,250
@Hal Rockwell You have already done so well and trying out my mods, wanna test more? I bought chamois leather and I'm trying to improve the sound of with it. You don't need same stuff but something similar is doing the job. I think it improved the bass and made upper frequencies more even. I added chamois leather to the back. This is very experiemental and it need to be inside but easier to do for now outside and faster.

Is this thing has partial resistance to airflow or completely sealed?

May 19, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #272 of 1,250
Is this thing has partial resistance to airflow or completely sealed?
Complitely sealed off that area. It did not work on a layer of dampering but at the back grill it may the best choise. I did not lose any volume or just less than half decibel. One of my favor songs of testing bass, middle, treble and how fast it responds, and the song is Star Eater by Daniel Deluxe. Its so easy to tell how well a headphone performance.

May 19, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #273 of 1,250
Complitely sealed off that area. It did not work on a layer of dampering but at the back grill it may the best choise. I did not lose any volume or just less than half decibel. One of my favor songs of testing bass, middle, treble and how fast it responds, and the song is Star Eater by Daniel Deluxe. Its so easy to tell how well a headphone performance.

When I need to seal the cup off completely or make an area that is impenetrable to air, on an open headphone, with a metalic mesh, I just use magnetic sheet, cut to shape. Used it to mod Somic V2 and MH463.

May 19, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #274 of 1,250
It can work also if not too thick. I would use thick tape or fabric tape first. I got somehow better but then again I got slight dip at 14.5 kHz. Bass is a bit better. Need to do also some listening.

Back mod 2.png
Back mod.png

May 19, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #277 of 1,250
kinda funny how they had such little stock of these headphones that its like the same 5 of us discussing it while no one else can board the hype train. what a blunder by takstar

May 19, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #278 of 1,250
kinda funny how they had such little stock of these headphones that its like the same 5 of us discussing it while no one else can board the hype train. what a blunder by takstar

It was available again for a little while; I hesitated and it went out of stock again today. I guess I'll just ride the back seat of the hype train for a bit longer...

May 20, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #280 of 1,250
Are you going to leave it on the outside?
Nope. I want it to be thin but blocking the air. Doing also the final measurements when its in. I'm likening the sound more. Best timber so far. Bass is less boomy. Of course there will be always recressed mid range.

May 20, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #284 of 1,250
I'm terrible at modding. Should I skip these? EQ is OK for me.
Not all can even solder and I already soldered the wires two times. They snap very easily. But can do those tape mods. It still helps with the spiky treble. This is the tricky headphone for EQ. I don't have settings for that.

May 20, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #285 of 1,250
Not all can even solder and I already soldered the wires two times. They snap very easily. But can do those tape mods. It still helps with the spiky treble. This is the tricky headphone for EQ. I don't have settings for that.

I soldered it once, and I think of replacing the wire altogether, for a quality, shorter one.

The chamois leather gets very stiff, and hard to work with, when completely dry. I think I'll use the magnetic sheet to cut the pieces out of, and leave them on the outside of the cup. Maybe make a cool decal to make it look more esthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back