Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 7, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #3,016 of 4,538
Do you have the v1 or v2 pro82?

The v1.
Quite an excellent set of cans and very versatile.
As for audio quality it has the three settings for port setting - closed; open 1 and open 2. I don't think the GM200 has this option from memory but could be wrong.

Couldn't ask for more and yes I have tuned it slightly in my audio player on windows and it is bliss for the long listening sessions.
Every other headphone is in hibernation due to the pro 82.

LoL

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #3,017 of 4,538
Welcome to the club!

Above 400Hz they are absolutely identical - the differences in measurements are no bigger than differences in measurements of different Pro 82s.
10343040.png

Last week was the "Golden week" in China - everything i closed. I have asked Ellie on the ETA for Pro 82s - she should get back to me within 24 hours.

As you can see from the graph above, the bass doesn't interfere with the other frequencies. Both are equally non-fatiguing, unless you listen to music recorded with too much bass already - the extra bass on GM200 will be too much.
GM200 is cheaper due to the 5$ discount to be found in the review - can be had for 56$ now: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-197#post-15148815
You really can't go wrong with either one for pop and rock, but for classical Pro 82 would be a better choice.
Looks like you are leaning towards Pro 82 - trust your gut feeling.

Thank you for your help! I guess I will await for the pro82 to be back in stock. To tell the truth, I prefer the p82 colors too (still undecided between the silver and the black...).

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #3,018 of 4,538
I've discovered using the equalizer in my vlc player and using preset flat with a -0.3dB or -0.4dB @6khz reduces some of the hot treble making for more warmer sound.

Makes the long listening sessions now more enjoyable.

:L3000:
There is another way to tame the treble peak in v1: Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods

Oct 10, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #3,019 of 4,538
There is another way to tame the treble peak in v1: Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods

Yes.
Interesting findings.
When I go - 0.3dB, I get more treble and the soundstage opens like original.
When I go - 0.4dB I get less treble and soundstage closes slightly but the treble is more tamed and listening is more warmer easier for long listening session.

Similar to your pad research findings.
Thnx BenF.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #3,022 of 4,538
I hate to disappoint you, but you don't have v1. What you have is v0.9 - which is v1 that failed quality control, and is sold on Aliexpress at 50$-55$ with the case - 20$ cheaper than v2.
Last year I bought a couple of Pro 82s from the Music Huhu store, to see why they were selling Pro 82 so much cheaper than TakstarAudio, and how could they possibly have v1 - which sold out in 2017.

So is it safe for me to assume that this one on Amazon.de is a 0.9 as well?
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0787WTY2R/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awd_s_S1QODbTTEQP5G

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,023 of 4,538

Ohe of the customer reviews posted a photo of a white box so at the very very best you may get a V1 but it's likely a QA dropout. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be as much info on these Amazon. I guess I'll settle this and go ahead and order one more from Amazon just for the sake of confirmation and measurements. Worst case scenario I either return it or keep it for spare parts. Speaking of parts, the official TakStar store is still OOS and I really would like to pick up another V2. I got this V1/ QA dropout and a Cooler Master MH752 with a failing 3.5mm TRRS jack. Supposedly Cooler Master used the V2 40mm drivers so I wonder if I can make my own...I don't think I tried that before...Welp, time to go chase two wild geese. See you next post in a week or two.

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #3,024 of 4,538
Crap. The right side of the pro 82 stopped working. I tried the cable on another takstar I have and it's all good...
Is there a fix that's not too difficult?
Kindly appreciated..

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #3,025 of 4,538
i see more and more stores that are out of stock on Aliexpress are they goin soon end of life like Hifi 2050 and pro 80 did?
tbh i dont see v2 version either on ali right now or?

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #3,026 of 4,538
Most likely - all the reviews are from last 10 months, so they didn't start selling it in 2017 when proper V1 was still available.
Wouldn't risk it - better wait for V2 to come back in stock at TakstarAudio. Or you can go for GM200 - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-197#post-15148815

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3,027 of 4,538
Check out this recommended store on AliExpress. Find great products at low prices!
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/e7WLbeHE
Is very expensive cable it cost more than pro82 and I ask the shop to custom made one is same price as 8cores cables. But i like pro so much and it pair up very well with powerdacv2
How did you specify the cable's requirements to get the correctly working balanced cable?

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #3,029 of 4,538
Crap. The right side of the pro 82 stopped working. I tried the cable on another takstar I have and it's all good...
Is there a fix that's not too difficult?
Kindly appreciated..

Okay, from experience there are two main points of failure when one of the channels go down:

- The small wire inside the headband broke (see if you can hear sound when you swivel the cup)
- The 2.5mm 4-pole female jack

This may be the Cooler Master headset but the parts are identical (minus the cups and the microphone). I was able to put some 18 gauge speaker wire and fix up the headset that way. Um, don't do that - You'll need to make a thinner wire to make a proper installation. It took me a couple of hours to get it back in order.

IMG_4888.JPG

Hopefully it's just the 2.5mm female jack. That's easy: just remove the main chip, desolder the old jack and put a new one in.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #3,030 of 4,538
Okay, from experience there are two main points of failure when one of the channels go down:

- The small wire inside the headband broke (see if you can hear sound when you swivel the cup)
- The 2.5mm 4-pole female jack

This may be the Cooler Master headset but the parts are identical (minus the cups and the microphone). I was able to put some 18 gauge speaker wire and fix up the headset that way. Um, don't do that - You'll need to make a thinner wire to make a proper installation. It took me a couple of hours to get it back in order.

Hopefully it's just the 2.5mm female jack. That's easy: just remove the main chip, desolder the old jack and put a new one in.

@sov73811

Did the wire replacement inside the headband offer any sound improvements?
Curious.
Tia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back