TECHNICS SL-P990 AS ONE OF THE BEST CD PLYERS I HERD from 80"
Dec 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SONYES

100+ Head-Fier

Hello

THIS Is TECHNICS SLP-990 ...... NOT SLP-900

Quiet and everything around all the neighbors went to relatives canceled at all I do not get laughs out
I started with the PIONEER PD-9700 will soon - I was looking for
Just less than 24 hours I received three physical devices Pioneer sony X707ES pioneer 9700 and Tchnics sl-p 990 - These have been joined by a distinguished team of Equipment of CDs
TECHNICS SL-P990 really started yesterday with serious hearing -

Since the headphones I can hear everything from the depth of bass good to Timber and differences in accordance with the equipment and the depth and height platform and the width .esy from one end to the ceiling of the hall and back depth winning pitcher location choir or percussion hall or deep bass when there is actually coming out and how!
Also open HD800 headphones or Mitzltiim violin or trumpet and all the first two string instruments far lower spot on the top right of orchestration as Solti and Mahler No. 2 first recording in 1966
Regarding the SL-990
I hooked up with cord CORD CHORUS 2 and prestigious headphone amplifier LUXMAN P-1U with my first headset HD800 Series 159XX
And have the new mine tax with three other sound mark is mentioned in a number one tax {2} sold.
recordings over the years this is at least the past 30 years
Shostcobitz's Fifth Symphony with DECCA
also aperh Zratostra with Reiner and the Chicago Symphony from 1954 RCA
Bernstein Collection of recordings from the 60's which was once CBS today SONY
Antal Dorati symphony conductor of the Detroit music
Arthur Fiedler Boston Pops conductor of the Carnival of the Animals Saint-Saëns
Bngmiiin Brittan conductor of symphony and guide the youth and the London Symphony - Rafarans Then and Now Recording Arts
Solti conducts the first recording of Mahler No. 2 of 1966 minutes
EMI recordings and more oriented conductor of the Vienna Philharmonic and Schubert symphonies 3 + 5 minute RCA and other companies
In terms of bass examined recordings of the 80s Telarc suitable for
Alpine Symphony and Vladimir Ashkenazy with the Cleveland Orchestra recording a 17-16 minute segment that deep bass that does not leave you indifferent
listening
Genesis
I took occasional recordings -
The result is nothing short of astonishing - a device from 1988/89 Technics not intended for the global market high and not only .Japanese Top series.
bb dacs PCM-56P-J peak period Chip technology was adopted for all industry so sharp a standard movie importers renamed later went BB 58/63/64 PCM 1702
Hi how distant memory I have of my Dannon 1988 sounds so DENON DCD-3300 also PCM-56 was the elite of the elite So then I did not have the HD800
But there were also 2 castration amplifiers with speakers QUAD ESL-57
{And before that B & W 220I}
With amplifier Laxman L-550 History

Arabia is very airy with lots and lots of detail over such a surprise relative to the ear forest - its synergy with incredible amplifier Hlksmn
The best I've heard so far - except my Lrafrans MARANTZ SA 11 S1 filmed down under Sony X707ES invention.
The width of the stage from end to end Bhlkth Boston Pops Fiedler is Dima RCA 1958
The information is very, very clear in his presence when everything is going on around the area of ​​the high absorbed Bmkrofonim clear sound without pushing it all sound like a floating
However, there were cars outside the well . in the area of ​​the LOW It's just an experience
The low position of the double basses tools well on the right with airy giving me this 3D sound for this remarkable achievement.
daynamic reang its most powerful I did not fall apart loads the start of the so said Zarathustra by Richard Strauss wonderful recording with so much detail and breadth and depth of what is and what to learn from the RCA engineers 50
second of Mahler with Solti LSO recording of a minute -best then in the audio and the day would recommend this recording in terms of music - and of course technically TECHNICS SL-P990 everything sounds clear transparent with lots takes place on the stage and beyond as trumpets on Judgment Day at the end of the symphony.
In the second chapter could not help but be felling by the intensity of musical expression of the victorious Solti exceptional sensitivity strings with roast thrilling play song orgains.
All microphones absorbed so rich and beautiful open remind you that this CD PLAYER 1988
In the third chapter was knocked out of my soul drumbeat and bass splendor repeated requests intensity with an exceptional location brass
Hear or believe SLP-990
deep bass Ashkenazi Alpine Symphony and the Cleveland section 16-17-18 I'm in shock from the depths of the bass concept - 448714-2 DECCA
Forming Copeland with Antal Doráti Detroit orchestra section DECCA 414273-2 Look Salon Mexico and Simfniit Dance Episode 3
In conclusion
After listening to the whole of the CDs stated above
This is my best purchase -
a pleasure to use SL-P990 and remarkable sound for its TECHCNIS SL-P990 WOW
SONYES

YOU CAN SEE PIC HER

http://www.hometheater.co.il/vt244672.html

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 13
Can you tell me the model # of the remote for SL-P990?  Is it an EUR64729?  If you have this remote, would it be possible for you post the hex codes for programming into a URC universal remote?

You can email me directly at: thx1326@swbell.net.

Thanks.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 13
Can you tell me the model # of the remote for SL-P990? Is it an EUR64729? If you have this remote, would it be possible for you post the hex codes for programming into a URC universal remote?

You can email me directly at: thx1326@swbell.net.

Thanks.
Peace
Sorry about the late reply for almost a year
I do not have the original sign
Another of Technics
Which works with 990 + 1200
THANK YOU

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 13
Nice Mrantz

TECHNICS SL-P990
DACs 4 x PCM56P-J
Mechanism SOAD 70a with linear motors? Or is it a 60a?
possibly replacements available...always a good thing when it comes to vintage
Original-SOAD70A-for-Panasonic-CD-Laser-Unit-SOAD-70A-SOAD-70A-with-Mechanism.jpg_640x640.jpg

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 13
WOW
You have the X7ESD
That's what I want to complete for my collection
I have

337ESD
X303ES

707ESD
X707ES
XA50ES

Make the day with X7ESD

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 13
Nice Mrantz

TECHNICS SL-P990
DACs 4 x PCM56P-J
Mechanism SOAD 70a with linear motors? Or is it a 60a?
possibly replacements available...always a good thing when it comes to vintage
Original-SOAD70A-for-Panasonic-CD-Laser-Unit-SOAD-70A-SOAD-70A-with-Mechanism.jpg_640x640.jpg
It's just a miracle
Highly reliable mechanics
Quick and accurate
There is nothing to say JAPAN

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 13
WOW
You have the X7ESD
That's what I want to complete for my collection
I have

337ESD
X303ES

707ESD
X707ES
XA50ES

Make the day with X7ESD

I think it is xa7es (120v). Made between 94-99. A slightly lesser version of the x707es/707esd that you have. I think it was a repackage of sorts if vintage knob is correct. Do you like the Technics over the Sony's? Or just a better bang for the dollar? I was thinking about getting a Technics. M.A.S.H. vs. Pulse I guess. From the looks of the backs of allot of vintage Denon's I think they are rebadge Technics as well.

Are you into Esoteric cd's? Just me but I think it plays a decent part in the s.q. I do not think I will ever buy a $2k crystal/glass master cd but these mfsl gold cd's really have a wonderful record player quality and add a nice warmth that is really up the hd800's alley imo. The prices are crazy for those cd's but I think most major cities have a collector or two. I beat the brakes off the gentleman who traded me 15 cd's for around the $15 a piece I used to pay for regular cd's. Traded him a certain sticky green substance and told him it was allot more than it was. At the same time he could have very well got one over on me as those cd's sold for as little as $1 back in the day.

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #9 of 13
I think it is xa7es (120v). Made between 94-99. A slightly lesser version of the x707es/707esd that you have. I think it was a repackage of sorts if vintage knob is correct. Do you like the Technics over the Sony's? Or just a better bang for the dollar? I was thinking about getting a Technics. M.A.S.H. vs. Pulse I guess. From the looks of the backs of allot of vintage Denon's I think they are rebadge Technics as well.

Are you into Esoteric cd's? Just me but I think it plays a decent part in the s.q. I do not think I will ever buy a $2k crystal/glass master cd but these mfsl gold cd's really have a wonderful record player quality and add a nice warmth that is really up the hd800's alley imo. The prices are crazy for those cd's but I think most major cities have a collector or two. I beat the brakes off the gentleman who traded me 15 cd's for around the $15 a piece I used to pay for regular cd's. Traded him a certain sticky green substance and told him it was allot more than it was. At the same time he could have very well got one over on me as those cd's sold for as little as $1 back in the day.

If the buyer is a Technics
SLP-990 has the best sound I heard
In the 80's including SONY 707ESD

There is something very special in the air and a stage width in all directions
A lightning that I have not even found in the SA11 Maranz
Amazing sound with absolute shine

The X7ESD is the model that replaced my X707ESD / 557ESD
Then they appeared
X77ES
X777ES
X779ES
Until the end of the ES era in the sense that we are familiar with sides on wooden sides

CDP-X707ES

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 13

SONY in the 90's took out gold discs
As part of a production standard
For the first expenses of works mainly
Claudio Lost
They are very rare today
I gave most of them to my friend

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #12 of 13
To clarify, you're using the built in DAC of the sl990?

Your chain is sl990 > luxman p1u > hd800?
YES

SL-P990>DENON DAP-2500A>PMA-2000IVR>MOREL
SP-P990>BCL>HD800/Z1R
WOW SOUND

Oct 11, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #13 of 13
20181011_121307.jpg
20181011_121307.jpg
Hello to you
After almost 3 years I am with the SLP-990
Just one great pleasure
I added Silver 2 of the audio monitor
And the latest model of the SONY CDP-X707ES GOLDN AGE
And of course I have the SA-11 S1
Two interesting things happened

I still have not heard a better sound than the 990 at a stage deep inside the orchestra players
The depth and height of the stage is huge even so goos as SA 11 S1 MARANTZ almost comes but ........990 it superb .. sa-11 s1 has more worm sound ..at times but 990 is superm

Still the sound of the SLP-990 captures me every time as if I were listening to the work for the first time
If I really want to hear what's going on in the recording it's only 990

Of course the interconnect cable is important and the system color ....I like bright

Something that happened
I started to hear lots and lots of CDs with my new speakers
Silver 2
Moral
20181011_121234.jpg
20181011_121234.jpg
is also good but those have some magic in the air along with 990 or SA-11

Unfortunately the CDP-X707ES SONY does not have the drive and joy of life there is at
The SLP-990

Of course I also improved the Z1R headset with the SPL PHONITOR 2 amplifier
And cables XLR BAL NIOTECH 3001
Amazing combination

My CD collection is growing and amazing sound from a device from 30 years ago

Thanks for watching and reading
SONY ES

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back