Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #436 of 653
The operating system of the R3 2 is the same but stable and error-free, it has some additional things like colors and volume control from the cable.

In real life, you don't notice the power difference like you do in the newspapers.

The sound is less dark, a little thinner and defined with a present bass, I personally like it better.
does the R3 II has preamp in the EQ the 12db slider cause v3 dosnt and it's very annoying

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #438 of 653
I think that Tempotec should tweak the sound of the V3 with their upcoming firmware update. Spread it out a little and make it not so center focused. It's a bit strident in the center of its sound. It think Hiby should make the "go to" menus, better looking and not so much like files on a 90's home computer. I think they should add the sound filters that are available and not just two. I think Hiby should make this player and the R3II show the artwork MUCH better and follow some sort of previous criteria that they have used for their previous Hiby players, because having to change (whatever that is) would be a pain in the ass for (a portion of) 14,000 plus files.

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #439 of 653
tempotec promised many firmwares (5-6) for sonata bhd pro. So since the launch they released just one new :wink: I will be very surprised if they fixed all the issues of V3. Especially in terms of the sound🤷‍♂️

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #440 of 653
tempotec promised many firmwares (5-6) for sonata bhd pro. So since the launch they released just one new :wink: I will be very surprised if they fixed all the issues of V3. Especially in terms of the sound🤷‍♂️
Sure they will. They must for their reputation. These brands usually work on the progress. That's my experience with Fiio and I've heard the same for Hiby.
What's wrong with the sound?

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #441 of 653
I think that Tempotec should tweak the sound of the V3 with their upcoming firmware update. Spread it out a little and make it not so center focused. It's a bit strident in the center of its sound. It think Hiby should make the "go to" menus, better looking and not so much like files on a 90's home computer. I think they should add the sound filters that are available and not just two. I think Hiby should make this player and the R3II show the artwork MUCH better and follow some sort of previous criteria that they have used for their previous Hiby players, because having to change (whatever that is) would be a pain in the ass for (a portion of) 14,000 plus files.

I think it has something to do with the V6. They didn't want to cannibalise sales of the slightly more expensive model (even though it runs on Android).

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #446 of 653
i never had that issue personally and i don't think i've seen anyone having it maybe it's your internet if you have access to another internet connection like from your phone you can try that
I have experienced that V3 sometimes has Wifi signal loss or cracks when using Tidal/Qobuz while playing high-rez 192/24 tracks if you are separated from modem with walls. This never happened when streaming with my smartphone. I think that V3 has weak Wifi signal receiver chip.

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #447 of 653
I have experienced that V3 sometimes has Wifi signal loss or cracks when using Tidal/Qobuz while playing high-rez 192/24 tracks if you are separated from modem with walls. This never happened when streaming with my smartphone. I think that V3 has weak Wifi signal receiver chip.
Yeah, that might be the cause. I tried different Wifi connections with good signal in my room and I experience the same problem with the Tidal app. Bluetooth works flawlessly, great signal up to 6 meters (two walls in between)

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #448 of 653
I think that V3 has weak Wifi signal receiver chip.
Also remember that the V3 WiFi is only 2.4GHz (despite some of their specs showing support for 2.4 & 5GHz). 2.4GHz is easily impacted by things like microwave ovens, and can be very slow if you have some old WiFi devices connected to the same network: it doesn’t go faster than the slowest device on the network. Most smartphones connect through the 5GHz WiFi band first where you won’t have any old device.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #449 of 653
Also remember that the V3 WiFi is only 2.4GHz (despite some of their specs showing support for 2.4 & 5GHz). 2.4GHz is easily impacted by things like microwave ovens, and can be very slow if you have some old WiFi devices connected to the same network: it doesn’t go faster than the slowest device on the network. Most smartphones connect through the 5GHz WiFi band first where you won’t have any old device.
Wifi 2.4Ghz should have more extended and strong signal compared to 5Ghz, but slower speed. I tried to connect my smartphone to the same 2.4,Ghz network and there are 0 problems. As I said that problem should be because of weak and cheap V3 wifi chip being usef inside dap. I had the same problem with my ibasso dx160 and even with FiiO M17, which is such a shame for modern dap in 2024!

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #450 of 653
Wifi 2.4Ghz should have more extended and strong signal compared to 5Ghz, but slower speed. I tried to connect my smartphone to the same 2.4,Ghz network and there are 0 problems. As I said that problem should be because of weak and cheap V3 wifi chip being usef inside dap. I had the same problem with my ibasso dx160 and even with FiiO M17, which is such a shame for modern dap in 2024!
I agree. The olds Fiios M7-9 had the same problem. V3's chip must be cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back