Tempted to try something new (headphones, maybe complete setup?)
Nov 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GeorgeStorm

Head-Fier
Hey,
As above basically.

I currently have a pair of DT770 pros (250ohm) plugged into a Fiio E7/9 combo which I use for music, games, tv/film etc.

I'm about to buy a digital piano, which I may not be able to use them with due to their high impedance, so it may be a chance/excuse for me to get a new pair of headphones.

Any recommendations? My budget would be around £100-150, ideally looking for something low impedance, that I would use for everything on the computer as well as the piano, music wise I listen to a wide range of genres.
Is it also worth changing/upgrading my amp/dac combo? I also have a pair of Microlab SOLO6Cs plugged into the Fiio e9.

I'm in the UK which mucks up the pricing of certain models (such as the hifiman range) :frowning2:

Thanks

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 3
Not worth the change within the price range. An amp would suit you the best, but you could still use the e9 and save some money. In any case, wait until you get the keyboard and try first. It might sound nice enough even without an amp. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 3
Not worth the change within the price range. An amp would suit you the best, but you could still use the e9 and save some money. In any case, wait until you get the keyboard and try first. It might sound nice enough even without an amp. 

Thanks for the reply.
Not going to lie, I thought that may be the case. I thought I'd ask just in case, and because I like the idea of new things :D (had a look at grados the past couple of days and I'm veeery tempted....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back