Test before you buy.
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dickymint

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I ilve in the UK, the North East to be precise and I was wondering if anybody knows where I could go to test IEM's? My collection of "not quite what I want to hear," headphones of all sorts and shapes is growing rapidly and it is costing me a fortune, has anybody any ideas?

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 4
Good question. Unfortunately here in the EU it´s extremely rare to get an opportunity to test IEMs... Jaben should open a few stores here! I can´t speak for UK stores as I have no idea, but there´s one online store that offers a demo service for certain insurance fee: http://www.mp4audio.de/ (I have nothing to do with the site, nor do I have any experience dealing with them but they seem popular at German hifi forums)

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Many thanks folks, that's a start. I have gone on so many recommendations but only by yourself can you decide which is right! I have Shure SE215's, bit lacking in bass but reasonable elsewhere, Audiofly AF78's, bass is slightly overpowering when you can get the seal right but the mid and top is dull. Soundmagic E10's, not a bad all rounder but not overly subtle, also got some PL30's, lacking in bass a bit dry overall, not as enjoyable as the E10's. Some Xears XR120 Pro's, only sound fair to me, nothing to right home about. So you can see my dilema, I want something with the bass of the E10's, the detail of the SE215's and a bit more on top to boot! just greedy I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back