Testing audiophile claims and myths
May 27, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #6,361 of 17,336
Why am I continually asked to look at comments in this thread when there are no new comments to read?

May 27, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #6,362 of 17,336
biggie are you high? what's goin' on over there? we're talking about vinyl and rips and such. Let's get this train back on track....why are you so concerned with blocking and stuff? what's the problem. What do you think about those WAV vs flac ideas?

May 27, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #6,364 of 17,336
maco, what did you mean with that vinyl wear comment? come on flesh it out bud, could be a fun topic......are you trying to explain that you are trolling by dropping obtuse comments regarding vinyl wear and vinyl sounding different after each play and then ignoring the guys who want to discuss your comments? For sober scientists, both you and biggie are acting very loopy. It makes it hard to discuss anything and is a very odd communication style.

May 27, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #6,365 of 17,336
don't be a jackass. is that what you meant or not? No amount of thinking about your short remarks will substitute from you getting out of twitter mode and stringing more than two sentences together. I'm trying to have a dialogue here

to me it looks more like you are trying to sell snake oil in a research clinic .. but that's just my opinion.
And btw, when I dont like what I hear I usually blame the Mu telepaths..works very well for everyone.

May 27, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #6,366 of 17,336
Ha Ha! Is he still at it? Thankfully, the powers that be at Head-Fi have given the the power to silence his nonsense! Thanks Mods!

May 27, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #6,367 of 17,336
what are you guys talking about? I don't have any business venture or sales? I think there's a huge misunderstanding going on but it's all good. I've got no hard feelings, just trying to have a chat and get some ideas flowing. I don't know why there's so much resistance but I came into this thread late and do not know exactly how this ball got rolling....I still wonder what maco meant with vinyl sounding different after each play. that was an odd comment to make and not explain...

May 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #6,368 of 17,336

May 27, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #6,369 of 17,336
What? what's that got do do with anything? Let's try and keep things on track. It's hard enough to discuss anything even if we are trying. To interject odd and uninformative posts makes it even harder. Do you know what maco meant with that vinyl wear comment by chance biggie? I'm unable to get him to sit still and focus a question and answer session

May 27, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #6,372 of 17,336
This thread lived past it's usage time. Maybe it is time for it to be locked down, to dissipate the anger.

EDIT: I had un-subscribed from it starting now.

ppl can have fun and vent a little, even in a science forum ... no need to get dramatic about it

thelostMIDrange
sounds like this is your first attempt to post in a science forum ... it can be a lot more brutal than your usual audiophile board and there may be a lot of irony/sarcasm ... try to read between the lines.
E.g. noone suggested that you are literally selling anything ... but you came in with a few pretty strong "vynil sounds better" posts and that is so *not* science ... first of all, a generic 'better' does not mean anything, you have to say precisely what you find better. If you are talking about the "more relaxed/enjoyable" kind of better, I could partially agree with you ... but that is a pure matter of preferences and not science. Other than that, vinyl loses in pretty much any scientific, measurable way: THN, S/N, etc..
Anyway, sorry if you felt offended and dont get scared so easy :wink:

May 27, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #6,373 of 17,336
I think someone should take the links in the first post, clean out the dead links and repost it. Too many people post to the thread without bothering to read what it is about. It's about controlled test results of audio myths

May 27, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #6,375 of 17,336
I still wonder what maco meant with vinyl sounding different after each play. that was an odd comment to make and not explain...

playing vinyl is a destructive process.  the groove after a play is not identical to what it was before a play.  this is an unavoidable result of friction.  

i have my doubts that it would sound noticeably different after a single play but it sure could if the record wasn't clean or any of the assembly was damaged or worn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back