thanks everyone!
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

draacor

New Head-Fier
I want to thank everyone and this site for their wonderful help in me finding the right headphones for me. I have tried the grado sr80i, athm50, akg 272 and k550, dt770 80ohms. I finally settled on a pair of shure srh840's. I love them, exactly what I wanted, comfortable, detachable cable, no amp necessary, and closed. The sound on them is fantastic, very crisp and just enough bass for my taste. Took me a while and a lot of returns to amazon but it was worth it :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #2 of 2
As an update I have had time to compare the SRH840s with my old Bose Triports that i have had for like 10 years.  Wow.  The thing i noticed right away is how nasally the Bose sound in comparison.  I always enjoyed the Bose but now that I have the Shure's i don't think I'll be using them ever again. Not to mention the headband is kept together with electrical tape.  I will say the Bose are still more comfortable though.  Maybe I'll give them to my wife as she is still using apple earbuds
blink.gif
.  Although she might not appreciate me giving her broken hand me downs lol.  I'm glad the headband finally broke on them otherwise I would have never have bought these.  It was meant to be!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back