The Audeze LCD-3
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

roadcykler

1000+ Head-Fier
I didn't want to put this in the Headphone forum because it's not asking for info or looking for replies, but to simply talk about my new headphones. I apologize for the length (said no man ever). :beyersmile:

It all started several years ago when I became aware of a major sales outlet of many things audio that allowed one to try out headphones for a fee. If you chose to then purchase one of those type of headphones, the fee would be applied to the cost. I was ready to take the plunge into some high end (at least on my budget) cans and order the HifiMan HE 6 and HE 500, Beyerdynamic T1, and Audeze LCD-2 models. They inadvertently sent the LCD-3, which I couldn't afford. but I listened to them and they were my favorite except for 2 things. One was the price and the second thing was the headband was very uncomfortable for me. No matter where I wore it on my head, after about 15-20 minutes, I started to get a "hot spot" that hurt a lot.

I was disappointed but went with my 2nd choice, the HE500 which was very good. A couple of years later, I ended up selling those because they didn't get much use and I could use the money. About 18 months ago, I bought some DT990's because I found I was missing the headphone experience. Fast forward to just before Christmas when I saw an add on Facebook that had the LCD-3 with maple instead of the Zebrawood for 40% off and I couldn't pass it up.

They arrived last week and have already spent several hours enjoying them. The new headband works great and the sound is as good or maybe a little better than I recall since these are the Fazor model. At this point, I can't imagine every wanting a different headphone. Sublime.

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 6
I'll be getting the Audeze LCD 2 classic probably some time in the late summer. From what I heard, the head band is a huge improvement and comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back