The Audio Lounge
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #35,326 of 36,260
Got me some new inexpensive IEMs because I was looking to try out some with bone conduction drivers. I had a set of Na-Le's on preorder from IMR Acoustics to try bone conduction but that turned into a thing.... Anyway, someone posted a link to the Kinera Celest Plutus Beast (wild name, lol) on the IMR thread in case anyone that was waiting on their Na-Le wanted to try it. They have a very interesting driver configuration. A 10mm SPD, a proprietary Square Planar Driver, a 10mm Bone Conduction driver, and a BA driver. I figured for $89 what the hell. Got them in on the 27th and I haven't been able to stop listening to them, they are addictive. Might be the best deal under $200 in IEMs imo. The bass is sublime, reaching deep but without any slop. That is as long as the IEMs are touching your ears, the bass decreases noticeably when the bone conduction isn't in play. The mids are rich and warm without making the sound stage seem closed in. The highs are crisp and full of detail, they remind me of the EST drivers in my Thieaudio Oracle MKII's even though they cost 1/6th as much as the Oracles. Unfortunately now these have me looking at Kinera's step up version called the Imperial Verdandi, which has 2 BA, 2 EST, 1 DD, and 1 Bone Conduction driver, but they cost $1200, lol.

1000008794.jpg
1000008795.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #35,327 of 36,260
Got me some new inexpensive IEMs because I was looking to try out some with bone conduction drivers. I had a set of Na-Le's on preorder from IMR Acoustics to try bone conduction but that turned into a thing.... Anyway, someone posted a link to the Kinera Celest Plutus Beast (wild name, lol) on the IMR thread in case anyone that was waiting on their Na-Le wanted to try it. They have a very interesting driver configuration. A 10mm SPD, a proprietary Square Planar Driver, a 10mm Bone Conduction driver, and a BA driver. I figured for $89 what the hell. Got them in on the 27th and I haven't been able to stop listening to them, they are addictive. Might be the best deal under $200 in IEMs imo. The bass is sublime, reaching deep but without any slop. That is as long as the IEMs are touching your ears, the bass decreases noticeably when the bone conduction isn't in play. The mids are rich and warm without making the sound stage seem closed in. The highs are crisp and full of detail, they remind me of the EST drivers in my Thieaudio Oracle MKII's even though they cost 1/6th as much as the Oracles. Unfortunately now these have me looking at Kinera's step up version called the Imperial Verdandi, which has 2 BA, 2 EST, 1 DD, and 1 Bone Conduction driver, but they cost $1200, lol.

1000008794.jpg
1000008795.jpg
THX for the update on these OD, they are beautiful to look at as well like most Kinera's:beerchug: See you have a 16 core on them too:grin:

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #35,328 of 36,260
THX for the update on these OD, they are beautiful to look at as well like most Kinera's:beerchug: See you have a 16 core on them too:grin:

Like you, I do enjoy a nice looking 16 core cable :ksc75smile:. And you're right, the Kinera lineup is quite attractive. Especially the Verdandi and Loki. I need to stay off their website to keep my wallet safe, lol.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #35,329 of 36,260
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: me some new inexpensive IEMs because I was looking to try out some with bone conduction drivers. I had a set of Na-Le's on preorder from IMR Acoustics to try bone conduction but that turned into a thing.... Anyway, someone posted a link to the Kinera Celest Plutus Beast (wild name, lol) on the IMR thread in case anyone that was waiting on their Na-Le wanted to try it. They have a very interesting driver configuration. A 10mm SPD, a proprietary Square Planar Driver, a 10mm Bone Conduction driver, and a BA driver. I figured for $89 what the hell. Got them in on the 27th and I haven't been able to stop listening to them, they are addictive. Might be the best deal under $200 in IEMs imo. The bass is sublime, reaching deep but without any slop. That is as long as the IEMs are touching your ears, the bass decreases noticeably when the bone conduction isn't in play. The mids are rich and warm without making the sound stage seem closed in. The highs are crisp and full of detail, they remind me of the EST drivers in my Thieaudio Oracle MKII's even though they cost 1/6th as much as the Oracles. Unfortunately now these have me looking at Kinera's step up version called the Imperial Verdandi, which has 2 BA, 2 EST, 1 DD, and 1 Bone Conduction driver, but they cost $1200, lol.

Dude, put down the mouse and walk away from the computer........LOL!!!! The $1200 pair of buds is overpriced. Do you really think they are going to sound much better than the $89 one? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm being a good friend and trying to talk you out of it......

Now the devil side of me........ Bro, you are going to kick yourself if you don't drop 1200 large on those bad boys. They come in blue too! If I were in your shoes, I would buy the Verdandi before you can't anymore.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #35,330 of 36,260
Dude, put down the mouse and walk away from the computer........LOL!!!! The $1200 pair of buds is overpriced. Do you really think they are going to sound much better than the $89 one? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm being a good friend and trying to talk you out of it......

Now the devil side of me........ Bro, you are going to kick yourself if you don't drop 1200 large on those bad boys. They come in blue too! If I were in your shoes, I would buy the Verdandi before you can't anymore.

Lol, perfect. Thanks for both pieces of great advice :wink:.

lol.jpg

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #35,332 of 36,260
Lol, perfect. Thanks for both pieces of great advice :wink:.

lol.jpg
Just had to interject a little satire into the conversation. :ksc75smile:

I like your new IEMs. Look like a great bargain. I would say go for the upper end ones. I've been out of IEMs for a while so haven't read anything about current kit. I did buy a pair of IMRs that have bone conductors, planars, and thier new ADLC dynamic drivers in them. I really liked them. Still have them, just haven't listened in a while.

While your looking, look at the modular cables the Kinera has. I have one and it's pretty nice. Not the Dunu Hulk but still very nice.

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #35,333 of 36,260
Yes I know Jerick posted the live version of this but I had to tell everyone I went through 3 vinyl copies of this high school fave and now I have a pristine re-issue :grin:

Here's a fresh one:wink:

Yeah @OldDude04 , I gifted my only Kinera away to a friend years ago when I was feeling I had too many iem's not to share with friends but I'll admit the Abalone Idun's were very sweet and once again on a 16 core:v:

IDUN 16.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #35,334 of 36,260
Yeah @OldDude04 , I gifted my only Kinera away to a friend years ago when I was feeling I had too many iem's not to share with friends but I'll admit the Abalone Idun's were very sweet and once again on a 16 core:v:

IDUN 16.JPG

Hey Pod, and the rest of the Lounge of course, the NiceHCK SilverCat cable is on sale at Aliexpress. Regular price is $219.90, sale is 50% off at $109.99. But, there is an $83 off coupon for this cable, making it $29.... So, of course I ordered myself one, lol.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #35,335 of 36,260
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #35,339 of 36,260
Wow just wow, whole new level…..
IMG_9520.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back