The Audio Lounge
Sep 16, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #3,484 of 36,260
Yep - still worth doing to see what your threshold is

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #3,485 of 36,260
I went to a Vulfpeck concert yesterday night.
For those who are not familiar with the band (as I was before my friends told me about it), it is a funk-jazz band consisting of very talented musicians.
They put up a very good show, exchanging instruments, having a fun onstage and sharing with the audience.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #3,486 of 36,260
I haven't stopped by this site in a while. There is definitely some good stuff in here. All live performances. Some well recorded, others, not so much. Allows downloads when available in various formats. Pick your artist and explore.

https://archive.org/browse.php?collection=etree&field=creator

Cheers to live music.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #3,487 of 36,260
Can someone say Andromeda Linguine and clam pasta!!!

Wore my regular Ak100ii grey case today. Didnt want pasta sauce to get over other case lol.
20170916_204515.jpg
20170916_205926.jpg

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #3,492 of 36,260
@OldDude04 & @Martin Howell Ahh Foo Fighters are amazing, wish I could catch them live though. Was playing Everlong on my HD600's annd Valhalla 2, first time hearing it through this. Absolutely amazing.

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #3,493 of 36,260
Well my replaced he400i are out for delivery...i have not owned them for about a year since breaking and since then acquired opus1 and mojo which in my opinion are more resolving than anything I have owned before.
Cant wait to hear how they sound with these although opus1 might not quite have the juice but still intrigued.

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #3,494 of 36,260
@OldDude04 & @Martin Howell Ahh Foo Fighters are amazing, wish I could catch them live though. Was playing Everlong on my HD600's annd Valhalla 2, first time hearing it through this. Absolutely amazing.

Hey glad your still enjoying your valhalla2 , I still am deciding on amp and thinking I might just go for the jotunheim as i am looking for a long term desktop solution , did consider idsd black and valhalla2 not that either are bad and both are getting outstanding praise but feel the idsd is more portable and battery will die eventually even if a lifetime away and tubes will eventually fade also again not for ages.
I think the jotunheim suits my needs more and think a better pairing with planars although the he400i don't need that sort of power but my fostex do.

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #3,495 of 36,260
Hey glad your still enjoying your valhalla2 , I still am deciding on amp and thinking I might just go for the jotunheim as i am looking for a long term desktop solution , did consider idsd black and valhalla2 not that either are bad and both are getting outstanding praise but feel the idsd is more portable and battery will die eventually even if a lifetime away and tubes will eventually fade also again not for ages.
I think the jotunheim suits my needs more and think a better pairing with planars although the he400i don't need that sort of power but my fostex do.

Glad you're finally coming to a conclusion! I'm pretty sure you won't go wrong with any of the 3 you mentioned. Yes I still love the Valhalla's, and they're growing on me day by day, changed the power tubes recently and now there's no hum whatsoever, it's been a real treat. Hope you root for the Schiit though, I'm a believer of them now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back