The Audio Lounge
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #21,886 of 36,222
I have a friend with a Brimar The Prince 12x cable where the jack has bent. They are based in the UK and wanting to have it fixed or re-terminated; does anyone know any reliable, non-extortionately-priced companies/people who could do that?
Please let me know if you do, and many thanks :)

Please do help if you can think of any suggestions!
I was so sure one of you cable addicts fans would have a suggestion, I told my friend I'd surely have an answer by today.
The very reputation of the thread is at stake :p

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #21,887 of 36,222
I was so sure one of you cable addicts fans would have a suggestion, I told my friend I'd surely have an answer by today.

I ordered two cables from this guy on ebay last year. He was very fast. Surely he could do the job if he is willing. Scroll down to contact info and you will see his address and email address.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-H...hash=item285ed4f850:m:m-tIOl0g0sJUmjSgPMsag-Q

oops mine was a different seller... I will try to find the right link but the above might still be good.

Ok... this is the guy that I ordered from... MavisModz

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HE400i-c...hash=item364bd6d2dc:m:m11PeMVKtXBOv3I6irbmh6g

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #21,888 of 36,222

That is a crazy cable your friend has! Anyway, I have no clue where one might get that done in the UK, but I did find THIS place with good ratings that does all kinds of headphone and cable repair on your side of the pond.

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #21,890 of 36,222
While @Groucho is having fun in the sun, I have been instructed to post the Word of the Week... so...

WOW - Home

A band I enjoy... Keston Cobblers Club

... and one of my all time favorite artists. Josh Ritter. I have seen him a few times at the Ann Arbor Ark and also a couple of times in London where his shows are always sold out. This song was used to great dramatic effect in the closing montage of Billions season 2.... as soon it started I recognized it and was very pleased that they played the entire song. Homecoming from his Sermon on the Rocks album.

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #21,893 of 36,222
WOW:

A mixed bag, as per usual :)
NB: I think most/all of these are videos from the official labels, as that was the best I can find.
However, this might lead to them not displaying in certain territories (grr, I hate that) so apologies in advance if that happens to any of you!

First up, an 80's classic that I love!
Paul Young's "Wherever I lay my hat (That's my home)"

Next, a slice of pure tranquility to restore the soul and relieve that stress you're doubtless feeling :p
Stanton Lanier's "Far from home"

And finally, another classic, featuring the now-legendary Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Paul Simon's "Homeless" :)

Hope you all enjoy :)

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #21,896 of 36,222
My very brief one-eared first opinion on the new Tin T4

Faulty mmcx connectors on both channels which causes intermittent sound.

I am not talking about a little loose, they are both very loose.

Unforgivable quality control, so 2 stars out of 5 from me.

Very nice packaging but it is all total BS if you end up with a faulty product.

The very brief testing I did disappointed me with the sound. It was quite analytical and not very musical to me and erred on the steely/harsh side.

Normally I would give a new product the benefit of some burn-in time but not this time with such shoddy QC.

I have done a verified purchase review on Amazon UK but it will take a few days before being published.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #21,898 of 36,222
That is terrible

Indeed but it is easy for me to return (free) to Amazon UK.

I am just glad that I don't have the hassle of having to do a return to China.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #21,900 of 36,222
well we need a tune then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back